The second UK diyAudio meet: UKFest08

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ryanair flies from Stanstead to Haugesund, Billund, AArhus, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Riga, and many other destinations.

Easyjet also flies to Copenhagen and several "eastern" destinations from Stanstead and Luton.

So, if it has to be a London destination, North side is better.

Andy

SimontY said:

Good point. There are plenty of airports in the UK outside London, and they're mostly in the south, which is where this meet has already been planned for.

Simon

With the exception of Newcastle, Edinburgh, Manchester, Glasgow, Teeside of course ;)

Joking aside London is easy to get to from pretty much anywhere in the UK and attracting international visitors has to be a great idea. As a newbie round here I am looking forward to putting a face to some of the names of posts I've been reading for many months!

If anyone needs a lift from Newcastle let me know.

Iain

iihay said:
With the exception of Newcastle, Edinburgh, Manchester, Glasgow, Teeside of course ;)

Very good :cool:

My point was that there are more airports down south, and especially near London, than elsewhere (and more flights). Of course even under rated Sheffield even has an airport, but I'd love to see someone find a useful flight from here! lol

Anyhow, near London should be fine for many, many people.

Simon

Couple of venues in my hometown of Harpenden (reasonable for Stansted and excellent for Luton). Parking ain't so great though.

One is the public hall. It has one large hall, and a smaller one off to the side. not sure on the exact size, or price (probably £££). Not much in the way of smaller rooms, either, and the accoustics ain't going to be great.

Another option is Park Hall. Smaller vanue, probably better accoustics, but less space. Could also be £££.

Rugby club?

I will ask about next week and see what I can find out.

James

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
seroxatmad said:
The biggest question is...has many people made anything to show at the show?

Its April and time is passing...

Anymore suggestions for a meet.

Well, I'm still looking for a decent venue. I've looked at many on the web, and recce'd three, and I've still not found anything good enough for you guys. ;)

Oh, and some of us have works in progress...

Attachments

• wip.jpg
    wip.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 509
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.