The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

suicidal.

Country isn't always bad, it's just that the majority of country performers suck in a major way.
As goes for rap music, hiphop, house, trance, and every other pile of s that passed by over the last decades.
And pleasers of the masses nowadays are embarrassing, imo, the likes of Lady Gag and such.

A bit like the web, real treasure to find, if one is still able to wade through the ever expanding ocean of irritating junk.

Joined 2011
Paid Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 66
Joined 2006
Paid Member
You know Thomas, I like Skinny Leonard music but, as a Canadian, we are forbidden to like the band. The feud with Neil Young puts us on the north side of that fence. :)

I'll sign up for that deal if you can keep Neil north of the border too.
Has anyone ever figured out exactly what the [fill in the blank] sort of music that is that he iz trying to play? :rolleyes:

There is good new music out there, it just takes a lot of effort to find it. Radio stations have limited their playlists to market research approved songs that make the chosen demographic happy enough to listen through the commercials. Gone are the days when you could find CSNY, Black Sabbath, the Temptations and Johnny Cash on the same station.

Pandora doesn't help much. I like to browse places like HDTracks. Isn't there a "what are you listening to now?" thread? Those of us who appreciate variety need to keep each other posted on what's new and well mastered re-releases. I can't help out at the moment, haven't had time to look for new stuff.

There is good new music out there, it just takes a lot of effort to find it. Radio stations have limited their playlists to market research approved songs that make the chosen demographic happy enough to listen through the commercials. Gone are the days when you could find CSNY, Black Sabbath, the Temptations and Johnny Cash on the same station.

Pandora doesn't help much. I like to browse places like HDTracks. Isn't there a "what are you listening to now?" thread? Those of us who appreciate variety need to keep each other posted on what's new and well mastered re-releases. I can't help out at the moment, haven't had time to look for new stuff.

I just recently discovered Fourplay. They're not too bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5CI_yoNZd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOHH_2OMuJ0

Last edited: