The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I mean, way, way, WAY off topic....! :D

If you can beat this post by Sy then your up for an award. Mind you this was posted on a serious thread about opamps. So you would need to go a long way off topic (like on another dimensional plane) to be off topic on an off topic thread.

I use OPA604 for the I/V and AD845 for the filter/buffer.

Well, let's see, you've got two 4s in there and that's an 8. The word "eight" starts with "e," which is the fifth letter of the alphabet. 5 x 8 = 40, which is a 4, so we're back to too many 4s. This is circular. The symbol for a tube is based on a circle, tube sockets are circular. So therefore, you need to use a tube to replace the AD845.

Now, what kind of tube? A naive person, not steeped in the arcana of true numerology, would immediately think "845." But that's bad thinking, because it brings five 4s into the picture, the 4 in 845, the two 4s in the "8," and because 845 is numerologically an 8, there's two more 4s. This is NOT good.

So clearly, you need a CCa. C is 3, a is 1, so CCa is 7. This is neither a 4 nor divisible by a 4.

Don't listen to self-appointed hacks who don't really understand numerology properly.

All,

This is way off topic, but here goes.

For many years, I've been involved in satellite systems--building them for the United States, launching them, doing on-orbit checkout, and operations.

For any of you interested in "seeing what's up there", there is a really good German website for satellite viewing. It's Heavens-Above Home Page
By the way thanks for the link, however I don't understand the part where it says you need to buy 4 houses before you can buy a hotel. That just does not make sense. In the real world if you got the cash you can buy a hotel anytime you want.
Can you explain that to me?

Last edited:
that was a mistake

it literally means " if you wanna buy bloody hotel , you need first to send one XA30.5 and one mint second hand AN J Ongaku to ZM , for proper disposal "

after that , you can do with your cash whatever you want

:clown:

Now that makes total sense espescially the bloody part. :cheers:
I think I might have those in my garage. I will see what I can do.

Edit: Aah I just remebered you are one of those GREEDY BOYZ.

Tsst, Tsst, Tsst, Tsst. Thats better

Last edited:
SY and PI

If you can beat this post by Sy then your up for an award. Mind you this was posted on a serious thread about opamps. So you would need to go a long way off topic (like on another dimensional plane) to be off topic on an off topic thread.

Gees.... I read SY's quote. Huh???? Wha????

He's got me and my "satellite website" beat, by far.

When it comes to numerology, I'm lucky to remember the value of PI.....

.....and of course, a lot of "you guys" keep on reminding me to "remember Ohm's law"......!!

:headbash:

It was VERY interresting and VERY off-topic. He deserves a medal or prize. Do The Russians still have The "Gagarin prize" or could The Pass off topic take that over?!?!

Wow.... If I win, I would not want or need a medal or trophy--but if Papa Pass decided to do some "Spring Cleaning" and donate a whole bunch of parts to a good cause (me.....!!), I would humbly accept. :D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
By the way thanks for the link, however I don't understand the part where it says you need to buy 4 houses before you can buy a hotel. That just does not make sense. In the real world if you got the cash you can buy a hotel anytime you want.
Can you explain that to me?

HOTELS

When a player has four houses on each property of a complete color-group, he may buy a hotel from the Bank and erect it on any property of that color-group. He returns the four houses from that property to the Bank and pays the price for the hotel as shown on the Title Deed card. Only one hotel may be erected on any one property.
Official Monopoly Game Rules

Ya silly :D:D