The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Hey dodos, update time.
Fresh back from the Cardiologist, so I have a patchwork quilt on my chest.
Turns out the old ticker has a case of pre-ignition. It seems the heart can be energized any number of ways and mine is being over energized through the wrong channels. It sounds like they may want to go in , poke around and snip some of them there extra wires.
Won't know for a few months as it'll take a while to get in and see the surgeon so you guys are stuck with me in this condition for a while.
It was fun to see the Holter monitor print out. My wakoo heart gives quite the funky pattern. Even better that the Richter scale read-outs during a quake.

I had a maintenance talk with a 500fte ceo monday afternoon, he made an attempt to shout at me that he has a problem with me.
Afaig yesterday, he received a call from the undertaker earlier today.

It's all just Meat, Man

Attachments

• TVeeP.jpg
    TVeeP.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 104
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I believe , at least by info from web , those are from i15 boxes

so , lacking any other info about T/S parameters , it;s logical they're made with highish Fs , intended for small BR boxes

so , either finding trusty T/S or measuring them ( easy , JBL Pro proggie , compression test box -say that 100L is enough , few gray cells) and we can proceed further

worst outcome is - in case of highish Fs - make some boxes with bass helper or obtaining recones for 3838 (approx. 150E/piece) , which is proper low Fs driver , perfect for manly sized TL

btw. wtf you think with 3 way ?

how much greenies are those 3804 ?

I believe , at least by info from web , those are from i15 boxes?

Yes thats what I saw to at a glance

so , lacking any other info about T/S parameters , it;s logical they're made with highish Fs , intended for small BR boxes

so , either finding trusty T/S or measuring them ( easy , JBL Pro proggie , compression test box -say that 100L is enough , few gray cells) and we can proceed further

worst outcome is - in case of highish Fs - make some boxes with bass helper or obtaining recones for 3838 (approx. 150E/piece) , which is proper low Fs driver , perfect for manly sized TL

btw. wtf you think with 3 way ?
Sub bass oomph and let the coax be hibass-mid-squeeker in smal enclosed box
how much greenies are those 3804 ?
Took a buyout on local fleabay some 160 greenies/pair. Only hifiplayed, no stage, and sounds beautiful according to seller

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you prefer making them with bass helper , why not going boxless with Tanns ?

FR , no highpass , just heavy choke in series with bass helper

you can even put Eminence APT80 , above Tann , vertically - with ball above horn , for omni HT helper purpose

go wild

for more info , at least visually , take a look on my Tann OB blog posts

they're ooking brutal (when needed) and ooking invisible

everything is sounding just right ........ and after all these years playing with audio , I know that's not easy to achieve

and yes - 160 greenies , that's bargain

I would take them always for double that