The Pass Monster?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GRollins said:
Sorry folks, my brain is addled...I've got a sick young-un in my lap who keeps reaching for the keyboard and I'm short on sleep.
Zero,
If I read your post correctly, those transformers will probably work, assuming that Nelson doesn't go single-rail on you. Start amassing 100V caps, heatsinks, etc. Word to the wise: An unexpectedly difficult item to find is...a reliable power switch. Expect to spend a young fortune on good switches or use a small switch to control a high power relay.

Grey

Sorry to hear of the sick "UN"!!! poor lil Un! just wants to be a Big Un!!!

I had planned on using LV DC to control start up. Arc welded switches is not my idea of a good time. In true Overkill fashion im sure i will end up using some Kryptonite, Ex-Nasa, lunar rover, triple gold, hermetically sealed, Mercury filled, resonance damped, Area 51, un-obtainable relay!!! :devily:

Zero :Pumpkin:

Mr. COOL: I want to thank, thank, thank you for including me in this endeavor! Although we have lots of surplus stuff at our disposal, I want to emphasize that my feelings won’t be hurt if none of it works into this design – I’m willing to procure whatever need. BTW, I do have some of those relays :).

I shall strive to be a worthy Humble Servant to The Apprentice of The Master!

Mr. PASS: In the words of a dear colleague… WAHOOOOOO!!!
I assure you that any lack of high-end audio design experience I have will be more than compensated for by my ENTHUSIASM!

-Casey Walsh

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
GRollins said:
Um, Nelson, you might want to consider limits on the number of people who can be involved in this project, so as to reduce security leaks--elseways, there's going to be a team of about a hundred or so, all aching to get at the schematic.

I'm not actually concerned. Anybody operating off of early
information might simply find themselves having to back track.

:cool:

Guys,

Pay heed to Mr.Pass's warnings.................;)

Attachments

• passwithcare.jpg
    passwithcare.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,429
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Nelson mentioned in an earlier post that the big Zen won't actually be a ZV5 variant. That was just some speculation on my part.

The good news is he said he's going to pursue the Zen project in parallel with the "Id" project.

Nelson:

I'm a good prototyper and I've got a System One available for preliminary testing. I could email you the test results and you could tell me what to tweak.

I can keep a secret too;)

mrothacher said:
I've got a System One available for preliminary testing. I could email you the test results and you could tell me what to tweak.

I can keep a secret too;)

I bought a system one a long time agao and sold it to a studio i worked for. it was one of those deals where i got it at an auction and it was so cheap i couldnt decide if i wanted to keep it, or sell it for the $$$$ I ended up selling it and wished i hadnt ever since.... Studio ended up going back to the bank anyway!!

Zero :Pumpkin:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.