The 'Interface' - Steve Eddy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Why These Claims Steve?

mrfeedback said:
These claims are implied benefits, as are the statements about WBT, Caddock, Wima and Kimber silver wire.

The claims are simply what the thing's made of. The only implication is that the choices I made satisfied me.

If these have no sonic benefit why mention them, and why not use just any type of wire, components or connectors ?.

I used what I used because of what I'd tried, that's what worked best for me subjectively.

se

Gilding The Lily..........

"The InterFace offers other benefits as well. Despite it being a single-ended device, its common-mode noise rejection performance is actually far superior to that of active balanced interfaces under real-world conditions (100dB for the InterFace versus 30-50dB for typical active balanced interfaces). The InterFace allows you to retain the simplicity of the single-ended interface while giving you better common-mode performance than active balanced interfaces! "
Without statements of test conditions (signal frequency, source impedences) this is patently untrue, entirely misleading and false advertising.

Eric.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Without statements of test conditions (signal frequency, source impedences) this is patently untrue, entirely misleading and false advertising.

Cesar: Slisse, can I ask you something?
Slisse: Yes, go ahead, Cesar...
Cesar: Do you know why bananas aren't straight?
Slisse: Do YOU know why?
Cesar: Errr...Yes.
Slisse: So, why do you ask?

Cheers,;)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Doubtful claims:

Cheers,;)

Attachments

• q audio.gif
    q audio.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 181
faustian bargin said:
the whole thing about subjectivity is, no explanation is really necessary, beyond "i think it's better". and as any good subjectivist knows, there is no onus of proof, nor any onus of elaboration.

Quite so. And since I can't possibly tell anyone else to any degree of certainty what THEIR particular subjective experiences might be, I rather find it a waste of my time to elaborate on my particular subjective experiences.

Besides, I don't listen in the fly speck way that most others seem to do. I judge things on a more holistic, intuitive level so I wouldn't be able to elaborate about those fly speck details even if I cared to elaborate.

se

Re: False Claims = Dishonest Claims = Charlatanry

mrfeedback said:
Steve, you have also made statements here regarding subjectives, so why not elaborate on your subjective findings ?.

Because I don't care to elaborate nor do I feel there's any need to elaborate.

Explanations of why "i think it's better" are useful to communicate impressions of sonic differences.

You mean like how dogs **** on things to communicate their presence to other dogs?

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.