The high octane phono preamp

I'm not convinced the 2SC2547 would be better than the BC550C. The feedback shunt resistor is more than 2x larger than the Rbb of the BC550C. The benefit of a low-Rbb transistor will be almost nothing.

However a transistor with high Early voltage would probably reduce output distortion (assuming that matters).

Hi everyone!

Boards arrived and are ready for distribution :p

In case you want a board, please send me a message!

Price is again the same:

I offer the boards at the original price of 19 Euros with world-wide shipping included (not registered). If you pay using paypal, the total with paypal-fees is 20.07 Euros.

Last edited:
billshurv,

I did a search for the silentswitcher and not sure how that will work with the High Octane? From what I found it only puts out a max of +/-24VDC. Can you point me in the right direction for what you're planing on using.

Hannes,

Based on my limited ability to understand the High Octane power supply it appears that it provides the required stable power. What is needed for the 50-48VDC? Just a rectifier of the power transformer or should additional filtering with caps be applied?

Thanks,
Brad

Based on my limited ability to understand the High Octane power supply it appears that it provides the required stable power. What is needed for the 50-48VDC? Just a rectifier of the power transformer or should additional filtering with caps be applied?

I recommend a DC supply with a bit of filtering. I would not use a raw AC supply as the diodes rectifying the voltage generate quite some noise in the supply lines, so at least some filtering would be nice (so the noise stays close to the diodes-1st cap).

The onboard PSU is a very powerful shunt regulator and takes care of any ripple from the externally supplied voltage.