The food thread

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
After spending the afternoon in the dentist's chair I wasn't into cooking so I did a cold plate. Usually a summer fare, but it fit the bill last night.

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpg
    IMG_0951.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 102
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Last night it was sous vide breast. Yes, you can actually make breast taste really good.
Yellow, red and black chicken
Roasted lemon potatoes
Romaine leaf with artichoke hearts and avocado dressing.

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 75
Joined 2008
Cal,

We really need to talk. I will have to assume you meant the white meat of chicken can be prepared in a tasty way. Not the X rated version of what you wrote.

:) !!!!!

Joined 2002
something like once you go Cal, you can't go back?

Mr W - I gotta make a trip over sometime soon to visit your new place, and taste some of your tasting looking grub.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Cal,
We really need to talk.
My door is always open Ed.
Mr W - I gotta make a trip over sometime soon to visit your new place
Yes, we just moved in in '09, we should be unpacked soon. Seriously? You haven't seen the new place?
It looks great. I might do this next pay day.
That's great but you'll have to start soon. The beets, carrots, daikon, cauliflower, eggs, beef and beans are in-house stuff. Some of what you see takes weeks to have ready.

Joined 2003
You certainly have the most .. hum.. interesting dishes. I really don't know if I would have the guts to taste such but congrats on the execution.

I'm getting started on coq au vin for 60 persons right now. I've got 3 kg of small onions to peel.

Oh, and Paul Bocuse died today. RIP.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You certainly have the most .. hum.. interesting dishes.
I learn much from others. I just put my own touch on what they have done before me.
I really don't know if I would have the guts to taste such but congrats on the execution.
I think if we could only get past the initial squeamishness, you'd find there are many dishes out there that would explode in popularity. I don't make them for the reaction(s).
I'm getting started on coq au vin for 60 persons right now. I've got 3 kg of small onions to peel.
Good luck with the dish. That sounds very ambitious.

Joined 2009
So far, I have found no food that causes an allergic reaction.

Some foods I do not like, mostly due to texture (eg raw fish).

I do like calamari which a lot of people will not even try when they know what it is.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have eaten many things only once, and it will likely stay at one, but there is a dish I eat from time to time that it's better when I have rum courage in me, and that dish is Balut. If you puke easily, don't investigate. If you're curious, see this clip.

YouTube