The food thread

After spending the afternoon in the dentist's chair I wasn't into cooking so I did a cold plate. Usually a summer fare, but it fit the bill last night.

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpg
    IMG_0951.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 101
Cal,
We really need to talk.
My door is always open Ed.
Mr W - I gotta make a trip over sometime soon to visit your new place
Yes, we just moved in in '09, we should be unpacked soon. Seriously? You haven't seen the new place?
It looks great. I might do this next pay day.
That's great but you'll have to start soon. The beets, carrots, daikon, cauliflower, eggs, beef and beans are in-house stuff. Some of what you see takes weeks to have ready.

You certainly have the most .. hum.. interesting dishes. I really don't know if I would have the guts to taste such but congrats on the execution.

I'm getting started on coq au vin for 60 persons right now. I've got 3 kg of small onions to peel.

Oh, and Paul Bocuse died today. RIP.

You certainly have the most .. hum.. interesting dishes.
I learn much from others. I just put my own touch on what they have done before me.
I really don't know if I would have the guts to taste such but congrats on the execution.
I think if we could only get past the initial squeamishness, you'd find there are many dishes out there that would explode in popularity. I don't make them for the reaction(s).
I'm getting started on coq au vin for 60 persons right now. I've got 3 kg of small onions to peel.
Good luck with the dish. That sounds very ambitious.