The food thread

Vegetarian dim sum - one of my son's favorite meals. :)

Attachments

• 0_IMG_20200321_152642.jpg
    0_IMG_20200321_152642.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 80
For the filling I usually stir fry finely diced onion, leek, garlic, ginger, carrot, shitake mushrooms and cabbage, (one can add a bit of beetroot for that pink "meat look")
add a bit cooked rice, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, salt and white pepper.
I'm using gyoza wrappers. Fill one with the filling, twist, cut extra dough from the top and voila :D

Thanks Vuki

I will try that.

I don't feel guilty abouth meat.

I still love that stuff and i am getting mouthwathering when i see a nice piece.

On the other hand, when i eat, nowadays i almost feel saturated after 100-150 gramms. It doesn't mather what else i eat therewith.

I suspect it has to do with some things happenend with my body, but since i am getting closer to the last 1/3 of my life it could also be body language telling me whats going on.
Remind me to Marvin Gaye, oops :D

Wait a minute! I always thought chicken is meat :D

I did not eat chicken today, I had a steak. The kids and my wife had chicken, I let the chicken simmer low&slow a bit before it was barbecued, the stock will be made into soup tomorrow.

Can you guess what kind of steak it was?
Just carefully seared a bit on the outside, raw in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_164825_318.jpg
    IMG_20200321_164825_318.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Made myself a broccolo gratin when I got hom from a short (1600 mile) tripe to my son with some stuff from my late moms house - cookbooks, microwave, foodprocessor, a VHS and a micro-stereo (gotta fix rubber belts for the cassette).

Cooked broccoli, mixed it with grated cheese and cream and had to "suffer" in the oven for a while with some "spicy hot dogs". Had maybe a glass of wine too much (two, to be hneots.....)

Don't know about your experience. But I find it's very often overcooked, even by some otherwise quite good cooks. Best served raw or just quickly seared on each side and raw in the middle.

A bit like how really good tuna is better raw, or very quickly seared on each side. Cooking good tuna all the way through, completely ruins it for me. Taste is not compareable between the two though.