The food thread

Here is dinner. Same camera.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 86
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I thought this was a joke but the more I look at it, the more it appears to be an actual dish. And we need science to tell us why the kids of today are snowflakes?

I'm more concerned about the sports reference in the name of the recipe. We have sports references here too for cereals and really anything targeting kids-teens. I've always found them abhorrent and reak of brainwashing. A kid should grow up with science and education and teachers as their role models, not sports stars.

Spam is super popular in any part of the world with warm weather
and good possibility of loosing refrigeration. I learned that in Puerto
Rico. I used to like it, but now it tastes to salty.

I've found that in stinking hot weather here in Australia that you could eat anything with tons of salt in it and not even notice its there because your body is craving it, but once the weather cools down your body no longer craves salt and so therefore you begin to taste it in the food more.

The salty taste becomes invisible.

It could also be because in hotter weather salt tends to melt and lose its crystalline structure and so therefore it might not be as concentrated at the surface of the meat or product and so therefore we don't notice it as much.

Could be both mechanisms.

We used to buy a leg of ham for christmas every year but don't anymore because of them being far too salty.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I went to an Aussie friend's 60th last week and was pleasantly surprised by a couple of big Pavlova's for desert.

I used to eat those twice a year as a kid. Pretty popular in Aus. And lets not forget turkish delight.

I always preferred custard tarts and apple pie though. Probably because apple pie and custard tart was more rarer to me than Pavlova, having grown up with two older parents they loved that pavlova.

Last edited: