The food thread

Had some very authentic jerk chicken tacos today at the office, were amazing with home made tortillas, lightly roasted corn, some amazing sauce that was a spicy ranch.
To follow that up, I’m preparing some pork for the barbecue here soon.

The brussel sprout discussion was very motivating, am thinking trying a version with garlic and balsamic vinegar...

My idea of a quick breakfast.

Put the sliced bun in the toaster. Microwave a glass of water. Cut the butter. Squeeze the orange juice. Slice a bit of smoked salmon. Assemble the plate and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon/organic cane sugar on the buttered buns. Five minutes prep time, under 400 calories.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Lunch two leftover slices. 600 calories.

I hope you spared the nuke, nothing like cold pizza especially left out all night. Back when we were doing football practice all afternoon a friend and I could do an entire loaf of Wonderbread as cinnamon toast oleo margarine is all my mom would use. No organic anything back then.

Last edited:
I hope you spared the nuke, nothing like cold pizza especially left out all night. Back when we were doing football practice all afternoon a friend and I could do an entire loaf of Wonderbread as cinnamon toast oleo margarine is all my mom would use. No organic anything back then.

Good pizza is fine cold, bad pizza ain't. This was good pizza, served cold.

My snack today will be 200 calories of decent chocolate. (Imported, house labelled, but not a name brand.)

Have a nice bottle of 2010 Januik Cabernet Sauvignon to go with my lamb and salad. Around 900 more calories.

My reference on caloric intake is Christie Brinkley at 13 calories per pound to maintain and 8 to lose. The latest National Institute of Health calculator just about agrees! My goal is to lose a pound every two weeks. Five down so far fifteen to go.

Nothing wrong with nuked pizza...

...provided it's served in a cup.

I was thinking of doing a startup "gross comfort kit meals" maybe get a Guy Fieri tie-in. You know those triple cheese burgers of the worst industrial beef and processed cheese food. I forgot there has to be at least one layer of something out of the deep fryer.

Maybe Ed can comment, someone from Philly worked for me and said it ain't no Philly cheese steak if it doesn't have cheese wiz.

I suspect Robert Kraft does not serve this in his private box. 50-Yard Line Hot Dog Fondue - Kraft Recipes

Last edited:
besides, who eats "angus frankfurters"?

Depends on what part of the Angus beef is included.

INGREDIENTS: ANGUS BEEF, WATER, CULTURED DEXTROSE*, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF DEXTROSE, SALT, CULTURED CELERY JUICE*, VINEGAR*, SEA SALT, CHERRY POWDER, FLAVOR, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA. *INGREDIENT TO PRESERVE QUALITY.

The stealth nitrates from hybridized celery have taken over the meat industry. Cherry powder is new to me I have also seen Swiss chard powder elsewhere.

Last edited: