Black bean refried beans
Tomato and onion relish

Avocado drink
Margaritas

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 100
And sunshine! We are stuck in a North Atlantic fog, with a rain chaser. Your food looks delicious.

Should have migrated with the other Arcadians 300 years ago -- Louisiana looks good this time of year.

In fairness, as a native of NE Ohio, I must say that the appearance of the sun, sans heavy haze, was a rare event for most of my youthful experience.

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
"making the most of every last bit."

Me, too.

I am aware my father's voice is coming through about food waste (he knew a poverty most today cannot imagine*).

I get really wound up to see self-served food left on plates!

I have a Irish friend who peels potatoes a good 10mm! I NEVER peel potatoes.

I want the space and time to make proper stocks, but mostly fail at this.

Sorry, that's a rant and will probably pull the thread elsewhere. :(

*in the affluent west, that is.

My mother was born in 1934 and grew up on a farm. Make do and mend as well as no waste has always been a byword. I inherited that and still hate any form of wastage. So I applaud that.

Stale bread... bread and butter pudding :)

Mine 1937 in the deep France where quality of food was he opposit of poorness !

I had the chance to taste what we can call good food (I mean the material) !

(btw, mother had the chance to become teacher.... and not a poor one in relation to the knowledge !)

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Mine 1937 in the deep France where quality of food was he opposit of poorness !

I had the chance to taste what we can call good food (I mean the material) !

Who said the food was poor? Just didn't waste it. On the farm were chickens and pigs and cows. fresh eggs, milk straight from the cow. vegetables out the garden. Apparantly the village had a barter system so whoever slaughtered an animal shared it out.

Who said the food was poor? Just didn't waste it. On the farm were chickens and pigs and cows. fresh eggs, milk straight from the cow. vegetables out the garden. Apparantly the village had a barter system so whoever slaughtered an animal shared it out.

I believe because my poor English (or because you dign't live it ?) you don't understood what I try to explain...

Damned not better meal than fresh Moriiles from the wood with true eggs from the farm (so : not white shell and red-orange center of the egg (the more mais, vegetables the chicken eats, the more yellow-red-orange is the earth of your egg: of course the better it tastes! !)

Maybe a just few truffle? No it will waste the refinned Morille !

God bless Morilles !

Last edited:
You could try again?

Yep sorry, seems to me I should make some effort and have grammar training (sorry sincerly to be not as precise i would be...:eek:; it's not I doesn't want... it's more lazyness and lake of real practice ! I hope you will forgive me. I'm most of the time sincerly blessed to waste the Shakespear language:( !)

(PS: btw: a real pain to not understand as it was my first language some writters as old English from Shaspeare, or for Instance some very known like Keats ! Strangly it seems easier to me to understand german ones despite the bigger gap in language ! Not saying about italians whom seems to me nearer from my understanding (which is not logical... )

Last edited: