With veggies --- of course.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    478.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 111
Nice. I eat 90% of my salmon raw now as it looks after the fishy taste that ruined salmon for me as a kid. Mom stuffing the belly with lemons, wrapping it in foil and baking the crap out of it did no favour to my juvenile taste buds. When I do cook it, I'm like you, just a light seasoning after the filet has been cut into 1" strips then onto a super hot grill for about a minute a side.

Interesting looking veggie combo you have there. Pray tell.

Pork, chicken, white fish, alligator, kangaroo, llama or...?

In my part of the world, yours too I'm thinking, white meat doesn't really narrow it down. :)

Whatever the fare, I always look forward to what others are putting on the table. You can't do it all on your own.

Unfortunatley I am in the midst of leftover heaven so it doen't seem worthy of pics.

Cheers.

Sure beats what I had for dinner tonight....

The menu said " Meat Balls - Ikea Style "

One of the problems working on a Norwegian vessel is that the food has a nordik flavour in more ways than one.

If it's not been dried, salted and buried in quicklime for 6 months, the noggies are not happy. Of course , it then has to be boiled for hours before being eaten (Dave Fox - Make Love, Not Lutefisk)

And then there's "Seaman' Beef" aka whale !!

Sure beats what I had for dinner tonight....

The menu said " Meat Balls - Ikea Style "

One of the problems working on a Norwegian vessel is that the food has a nordik flavour in more ways than one.

If it's not been dried, salted and buried in quicklime for 6 months, the noggies are not happy. Of course , it then has to be boiled for hours before being eaten (Dave Fox - Make Love, Not Lutefisk)

And then there's "Seaman' Beef" aka whale !!

Lucky guy, how about the fermented shark Iceland style.? I hope the horrendous tax on proof alcohol is waived at sea.

At last, finally some time for decent grub again.

Smoked duck breast salad, with a HQ apple, sundried tomato, walnuts, lettuce.
Dressing of olive oil, balsamico, honey, S&P.

(so basic, i never felt the need to alter it over the last couple of decades, me boring)

Attachments

• duckey.jpg
    duckey.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited: