The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RKH said:
I'm anxiously awaiting details for SY's pre amp! I hope we don't have to wait until Burning Amp '08 ;o)

Ryan

Attachments

• 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 709
cuibono said:
I want to thank everyone who put this on, and everyone who came. This event was so much fun, I had to tear myself away when my ride came at 7pm. I lay awake in bed later, still thinking over all I saw.

There were probably tens of thousand of hours of labor in all the different pieces, in total. It was a joy and gift to be able to hear so much incredible, home-made equipment in one place, and I am definitely going again next year. Don't do anything different!!

Well said!

I'd like to give a shout out to the owner of the Metronome's (with Hemp FR8's) - they were incredible. They were my favorite speaker of the whole day, by a good margin, and I wasn't the only one. The total synthesis of the music they made was a wonder to behold. We played them loud, and they really held their own. They were definitely more then a sum of good characteritics (fr, dynamics, soundstage..) At one point, someone had their Rega Planar 25 playing Ricky Lee Jones, and it was incredible. IMO, the best setup the whole day in terms of overall naturalness, body and musicality. Then, someone switched in the LossLess CD player, and it was very interesting to hear the difference. Educational, to say the least.

Lousymusician, they were yours I believe. Congrats!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thank you, you are too kind! And more importantly, thanks to Scottmoose and planet10 for publishing the Metronome design, and Tubelab for his amp board - all I can take credit for is trusting their talents and building them as directed.

What are those brass/wood things? (post 622)

See post 55 of this thread - and thank you again, Magura! I hope we can meet again next year!

I also want to give a nod to the BOFU BIB's - they were the only speakers to give me the chills. At less then $100 for the pair, they were great. Not just for kids.

I liked them too - they captured something in the scale and power of a piano I haven't heard often. Not bad for speakers meant to love in a barn!

Anyway, thanks again to everyone. It was so much fun, my girlfriend still hasn't stopped hearing about it... [/B]

Nor my wife, or co-workers!

Bill

Burning Amp '07 was incredible. I will remember it fondly for the rest of my life, and I look forward to future Burning Amps with great excitement. HUGE thanks to everyone who made it happen and all who attended.

I always prefer to thank people in person. This year I finally got to thank Nelson for the Zen articles and all of the knowledge he has shared. I hope to thank him next year by bringing something I built with my goodies from this year.

best regards,
PSz.

I'd like to give a shout out to the owner of the Metronome's (with Hemp FR8's) - they were incredible.

+1!

Bill, I too was blown away by your metronomes. They adhere to the spirit of monogamous amps (one amp - one driver) that I believe in (me = triamp) but you had such incredible sound from that one driver - must be the perfect phase coherency you achieve with no crossover!

I'd really like to measure your speakers to see what they are doing. Maybe we could set up a norcal group to all take open field measurements of the same speakers at the same time and compare all our results - a sort of measurement calibration round robin to see if we all measure the same thing? Would need some ground rules but I'd be happy to chair such an event. We could then self certify!

Anyone else interested in such detail?

Here's the side room demo. From left to right: Matt's 90dB-efficient MTMs (outside pair), very impressive sound/$ ratio, and nice veneer job, my Krutke (Zaph Audio) Seas L18 speakers, Floor: the C-UGS preamp running off three bench supplies, Matt's Foreplay preamp on top of Jan Didden's error-correcting power amp, on top of the FirstWatt F3.

Attachments

• p1000655-01sm.jpg
    p1000655-01sm.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 471
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.