The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe a change of plans. I wanted to bring up the quickest simplest setup I could to get the music flowing I could. I'll bring that stuff too, but I have a couple of little monitors I made with Beta 10-CX's. Nice, but lacking awesome bottom. I hooked up with Ron Wickersham at Alembic to bring down my Class D Bass Amp along with, say, an F1-X as a line stage and an ELF processor into the bass amp as a sub. This will be a full on Brown Note setup.
Mwahahaha...

I estimate 3 to 4 amps will make the trip to this year's BA. I'm finally refurbishing "Le Mutant" (which made a really nice splash on Bill Berndt's system a couple of BAs ago) with a revamped cap bank and a massive fan-cooled heat sink that should let it survive extended audition time without becoming a true Burning Amp. "SiC Puppy" will also return, as it was not even powered up during the last BA. The latest "Le Fake" will also make an appearance, if I can improvise some sort of case in time. Number four might be my "Vanilla" amp if I can sort out the compensation and packaging.

BTW, for those of you who are putting amps together, there's a glut on the market of tall, skinny NCC 33,000uF 50V computer-style screw mount caps for those who want to pack a lot of microfarads into a small space. Check BG Micro and Jameco, among other vendors - the price is pretty good. I just finished putting a compact bank together for my "Le Mutant" amp using these caps. If you have some vertical room to burn, these are just the ticket.

A word to the wise - I replaced the steel 10-32 hardware with brass screws and washers for better conductivity.

Last edited:
Hey Koho!

Please bring your speakers again this year! they are too good not to hear again! We can get you the same small room, but this time could we use some Amp Camp Amps to power them? Would be fun to hear! We have various ACA's to use.. Any special needs for the amps?

Hi Mark
Please reserve a small room for me

I will bring:
1)Hanging Field coil driver horn, no problem to power with A class amp.
2)807 15W PP tube amp,
3)Shun Mook tuning products, Shun Mook Audio, Inc.

Shouid be fun
Thanks
KoHo

Last edited:
Looking for some Ultra Low Noise P-Channel JFETs??? LSJ74????

8 pieces of LSJ74 ULTRA LOW NOISE SINGLE P-CHANNEL JFET - Parts

Linear Integrated Systems announced today a limited release of small quantities of the currently un-released LSJ74, a single P-channel JFET, to the diyaudio hobbyists' exclusively thru the The diyAudio Store website.

The current demand for the LSJ74 within the OEM community continues to exceed LIS current wafer inventory, which is why LIS is offering only a limited release for the hobbyists only. The LSJ74 remains unreleased for OEM users.

During this limited release LIS will not be selling the LSJ74 directly from the LIS factory or thru LIS authorized distributors. Please do not contact the LIS factory or LIS authorized LIS distributors. All hobbyists sales inquiries should be directed to the The diyAudio Store for fulfillment.

We hope to have a full release by December, but that is what we said last year :)

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support.

Paul Norton
Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems)

Link the Announcement on Linear’s Youtube Page: LSJ74 P-Channel JFET Linear Integrated Systems Announcement - YouTube

Linear System's offer through DIYA is a nice gesture for the "early adopters", but a link to a distributor that takes orders from little people w/credit cards would also be useful (once output can be ramped up). I campaigned strenuously for the company I slave for to make their product available through the well-known "catalog" distributors, as it's free advertising. Since I can order product from suppliers like "THAT Corporation" from catalog folks, what I'm talking about here for LS should not be that much of a stretch,. As with my company's product, the way to play such a move is to emphasize the "satellite" products that can accompany the sale of the core goods. A well-crafted app note with BOM can speed that along.

LIS will have a mobile website designed specifically for the 2013 BAF which can be accessed by the QR code on the LIS tables or LIS business cards. The new feature this year is an expanded application note section which includes as many JFET based application notes and links as we could locate with the permission of the owners.

In the event you want to take a peek

Linear Integrated Systems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.