The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an HH Scott 384 receiver I've recapped and modified a bit, and some period Advent speakers to go with it. Up and running quick, and pieces can be swapped out easily. It was the first solid state receiver, and it's designed just like it was made with tubes. All small signal NPN transistors used in pairs as if they were dual section tubes and 2N3055 outputs.

I also have a sweet little phono pre and a pair of monitors I made.

And the BBQ.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Various Amp Camp Amps (ACA's) will be congregating at the Pass Pub Room.
We'll have lots of speakers to try them with. Bring yours' so auditioning is easy. We want to find a decently priced driver to match the quality and bargain price of the amp- not easy! Some of the drivers represented:
Alpair 12, Fostex FE166En, The SEAS 8" full range,

Also those cheap Pioneer speakers that everyone is raving about, a bit inefficient but who knows?

Papa will also have some very efficient speakers for them, but with pricey Lowthers

The Pass Pub will be an ACA Wonderland!

Also those cheap Pioneer speakers that everyone is raving about, a bit inefficient but who knows?

Papa will also have some very efficient speakers for them, but with pricey Lowthers

I think that the "Cheap Pioneer Speakers" are an attempt at Stereophile to divert more advertising bucks their way.They're nothing to write home about -- isn't it strange that they couldn't compare the originals with their upgrade?

Wish NP was bringing his modded JBL L300's

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There will be good speakers, so your amps will get a chance!
I don't think we need to assign stuff to rooms this year, but I might decide to do it closer to the event.
To help me out EVERYONE please keep posting here with what you will bring, that's important!
OTOH we can always fit people's stuff in at the event..

Mark

I can bring a pair of 813 mono blocks.
It would be nice to pair them with some quality speakers and sources to hear what they are really capable of.

Mark

Hi Folks,

I'll definately bring my amp camp amp in its pretty wood chassis.

I can also bring Alpair 12.2P Pencils if I finish them in time (regular pencil cab, not the superpencil). Unless, of course, someone else is already signed up to bring these.....in which case I could instead bring Alpair 6P mMar or Folded TABAQ 4" or mini EL70 mMar or Alpair 10.2 bookshelf.

I'm flexible as to which speakers I may bring, so if there are any suggestions or if anyone is already bringing some variation of the above, just let me know. I look forward to seeing all of you again and showing my work for the first time!

Mario

Hi Folks,

I'll definately bring my amp camp amp in its pretty wood chassis.

I can also bring Alpair 12.2P Pencils if I finish them in time (regular pencil cab, not the superpencil). Unless, of course, someone else is already signed up to bring these.....in which case I could instead bring Alpair 6P mMar or Folded TABAQ 4" or mini EL70 mMar or Alpair 10.2 bookshelf.

I'm flexible as to which speakers I may bring, so if there are any suggestions or if anyone is already bringing some variation of the above, just let me know. I look forward to seeing all of you again and showing my work for the first time!

Mario

Would like to listen your MA12.2, awesome!
KoHo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.