The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for the mention.

Bill (lousymusician) will be along to talk about these I'm sure. I can tell you that the speakers are Bill's own design. Those are Fostex 166's on top that he won at a BAF raffle a few years ago. The woofers are 4 factory close out 15's that he got from some place like Partsexpress for $90.00 total. The whole setup cost $150.00. And I agree, the system sounded really good.

There were three (very different) systems in the room and we took turns auditioning. Bill is a great guy to be teamed up with.

Graeme

The PA sounded fantastic, when people were talking into the mics...

Would it be possible next year to give the Speakers a hand-held mic?

There was a lapel mike there, but it was used by people who were shooting video. My system is actually for singers with guitars and other natural instruments who don't turn their back on the public. :D

So if somebody brings own lapel mike you can use it instead. I have no objections. But I have no budget to buy them, sorry.

I'm very glad you're talking about bringing your PA back next year! I'll just assume it will show up unless I hear otherwise. It was perfect for the event with it's interesting technical features..... which were probably necessary for that big room!

Thanks again,
Mark

Sure Mark; ordinary PA would of course cause reverberation and feedback amplified. However it would be louder with a mike always near the mouth, but I assume we need to hear better what people say, not how loud they are. The louder they are, the louder is reverberation, no point in loudness here.
And my opinion is, people who work with audio should probably learn not to turn away from microphones, however reflections from screen were heard anyway. But such setup is unusual, and our fellow presenters could be disoriented by it. Simply put, "Assume you are in the recording studio" :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.