the best diy speakers for $3000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it does, doesnt it?

b&o offered replacement grills for the drivers.

though i wouldnt call them grills, they're more of a cover.

the actual drivers are :

VIFA D75MX-41-08 (mid-bass),
dayton reference series 7" woofer (hidden)
the AUDAX TM025F1 tweeter (hidden),
and a TANG BAND 25-1166S 1" as the main tweeter.
soon, ill build a sub into the base.

i didnt think of the off-axis response, thanks tensen.

soong, i changed the drivers along the way. i know that i had said i'd use the TB bamboo; after it came i did not like it so much, so i gave it to my brother as a full-range speaker

dont judge me by previous posts.

as for this thread, i hope it is closed some time todat or tomarrow. i will be going for the holidays all the way to Colorado.

legendaryfrog said:
soong, i changed the drivers along the way. i know that i had said i'd use the TB bamboo; after it came i did not like it so much, so i gave it to my brother as a full-range speaker

dont judge me by previous posts.

as for this thread, i hope it is closed some time todat or tomarrow. i will be going for the holidays all the way to Colorado.

Now you listed two tweeters, so one is in the concaved portion on the top, where is the other?

legendaryfrog said:
yes, it does, doesnt it?

b&o offered replacement grills for the drivers.

though i wouldnt call them grills, they're more of a cover.

the actual drivers are :

VIFA D75MX-41-08 (mid-bass),
dayton reference series 7" woofer (hidden)
the AUDAX TM025F1 tweeter (hidden),
and a TANG BAND 25-1166S 1" as the main tweeter.
soon, ill build a sub into the base.

i didnt think of the off-axis response, thanks tensen.

So where do the grills go? One for each driver?

Seriously, what is it about these "traffic accident" threads that causes everyone to actually read and participate in them? It's like someone opening up a thread about cables, you know its a waste of time before you even click on it, but you still do and to your own surprise you actually post. I'm as guilty as anyone else. I'd like to take this opportunity to let everyone reading this thread know one of MY new year's resolutions, maybe you can make it your own. If you know a thread is BS, or you find out soon after entering it, just ignore it!

Is it really any mystery what exactly is going on here? Occam's razor. Is it more likely that a 13 year old built a PERFECT replica of a BeoLab 5 or that he just took a picture of the actual BeoLab 5 (or found it on the internet). Look at all the posts and attention this totally worthless thread has gotten and have a look at all the other open threads out there much more deserving of interest.

im not sure if these last comments are compliments, or ways of saying that i actually purchased these speakers.

the hidden tweeter is rear firing (on the back)

you cant see the woofer in this picture (normally built into the base), because its covered by vinyl

not to sound racist, but the grills look like those jewish hats. you just prop them right on the driver.

as for the led, i didnt even know the beolab had a led. my brother said i would've looked cool, so it was put in.

m0tion said:
Seriously, what is it about these "traffic accident" threads that causes everyone to actually read and participate in them? It's like someone opening up a thread about cables, you know its a waste of time before you even click on it, but you still do and to your own surprise you actually post. I'm as guilty as anyone else. I'd like to take this opportunity to let everyone reading this thread know one of MY new year's resolutions, maybe you can make it your own. If you know a thread is BS, or you find out soon after entering it, just ignore it!

Is it really any mystery what exactly is going on here? Occam's razor. Is it more likely that a 13 year old built a PERFECT replica of a BeoLab 5 or that he just took a picture of the actual BeoLab 5 (or found it on the internet). Look at all the posts and attention this totally worthless thread has gotten and have a look at all the other open threads out there much more deserving of interest.
We have to have some fun sometimes.

legendaryfrog said:
im not sure if these last comments are compliments, or ways of saying that i actually purchased these speakers.

the hidden tweeter is rear firing (on the back)

you cant see the woofer in this picture (normally built into the base), because its covered by vinyl

not to sound racist, but the grills look like those jewish hats. you just prop them right on the driver.

as for the led, i didnt even know the beolab had a led. my brother said i would've looked cool, so it was put in.

So you are saying grills for each of the drivers or just the woofer?
How about a picture of "work in progress"?

OK,

I'd like the wolves to back off here for a minute.

Frog,
Can you please show us an indication of something on that cabinet or otherwise that clearly shows this is something you have made? I would like to side with you on the project and will keep the others at bay from this point on if you can give us something more.

I would love to have been in your position at that age and it will be something to remember for the rest of your life, no matter how well it goes. Keep in mind that there are a lot of persons here that have been doing this for a long time. Long enough that their suspicions have been aroused. We will gladly chip in and help if we find this is not a lark.

If you can show us something in a reasonable amount of time, this thread will stay open.

The choice is yours my friend. Take the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.