The Best DAC is no DAC

Greetings Chaps.

Thanks for the payments that have been sent. I've attached an updated spreadsheet showing those who have paid; if the 'paid' cell against your name is green we're ready to go, if it is amber you haven't sent me the delivery address - just drop me a PM with it.

Everyone else should have received PMs from me with payment instructions, if not please let me know. Please ensure that you arrange to collect the PayPal fees when you pay as it's a real nuisance otherwise.

I think I've dealt with all the PMs that required a response?

I'll leave this open for payments for a few days but I imagine people are keen to try the 'no-dac' approach for themselves so it won't be indefinite!

Ray

Attachments

• DSD PCB List.pdf
    324.8 KB · Views: 107
Attached is the latest schematic and BOM for the balanced/flip-flop board.

Note that I have tried to make the PCBs largely self-documenting so they have the part values rather than the part # on the silkscreen.

I need to update the schematic and produce a BOM for the single-ended board; probably in the next day or two. That said, the schematic and BOM will only be different with respect to the filter section; the mute and LED sections are identical to those on the balanced/flip-flop board.

Ray

Attachments

• Balanced DSD filter and mute BOM.pdf
    231.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Balanced DSD filter & mute.png
    Balanced DSD filter & mute.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 528
I am trying to understand the concept. In order to bypass a traditional DAC, one can purchase a JL Sounds USB to I2S board add the SE and flipflop boards described in this thread and playback digital files, cleaner, simpler, better, etc.

Thanks for explaining it.
David

I am trying to understand the concept. In order to bypass a traditional DAC, one can purchase a JL Sounds USB to I2S board add the SE and flipflop boards described in this thread and playback digital files, cleaner, simpler, better, etc.

Thanks for explaining it.
David

I would have said:

In order to bypass a traditional DAC, one can purchase a JL Sounds USB to I2S (or similar) board add the SE or flipflop boards described in this thread and playback DSD data, cleaner, simpler, better, etc. (IMO)