The Aleph-X

Why don't you just ask Nelson Pass where he buys his thermistors from? or just use 5 watt power resistors of the same value. They will provide the same result, low noise and ripple.

a) Nelson would say Digikey, but its not so easy to order from Germany...

b) for pi filters power resistor may be ok, but i need thermistors because my fuse blows every 20 times or so i switch my ZEN V2 on.

so anyone who could help me and Tazzy, (i´m glad to see i´m not the only one with this prob) out?

There is an alternative, I can provide you with a surge limiting circuit, which places a 10 Ohm 25 watt resistor in the primary of the transformer for about 0.5 of a second. I have been using this type of surge limiting for years and it works very well with toroidal transformers...
It added a bit more complexability, but nothing you can't handle...
I even have a pcb layout

:drink:

Has anyone got anymore Giunness, Hickupp!

Saint: with a relais?

please post schematic.

isn´t ist more complex and expensive than finding a way to optain this devices in europe?

----- and: if we are filling this thread with off topic disussion now : please take a look on my telequipment D52 question in "tubes"

till said:

a) Nelson would say Digikey, but its not so easy to order from Germany...

b) for pi filters power resistor may be ok, but i need thermistors because my fuse blows every 20 times or so i switch my ZEN V2 on.

so anyone who could help me and Tazzy, (i´m glad to see i´m not the only one with this prob) out?

I got some NTC's from www.Conrad.nl, as far as I know there is also a www.conrad.de ! They are Siemens (german!!!) NTC's, and available in different ohm values. I use them, and they work! My Aleph 4.5 :cool: (higher bias) is working perfect on them!

just found them: http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/cgi-bin/dlc/dlc.cgi?art=468037&lang=DE

Edwin

thank you Edwin, I found NTC´s at Conrad and Reichelt, but i´m not able to figure out wich one is right. I ordered one and as i wrote it was wrong, it exploded.
Even it was very small, and this CL-60 on Nelson pics are much bigger.

Which one is compareable to CL-60? B57237-S100-M ???

this would be Artikel-Nr.: 468045 - 62

till said:
thank you Edwin, I found NTC´s at Conrad and Reichelt, but i´m not able to figure out wich one is right. I ordered one and as i wrote it was wrong, it exploded.
Even it was very small, and this CL-60 on Nelson pics are much bigger.

Which one is compareable to CL-60? B57237-S100-M ???

this would be Artikel-Nr.: 468045 - 62

I used two 5 ohm's in serie. Does the same as one of 10 ohm however they share the load ;)

Do not switch the amp on and off without at least 15 seconds between off and on. Else the NTC did not cool off and they do not supress the rush when they are hot.

And yes, the 468045 - 62 is the same as a CL60 !

Edwin

As far as inrush Current Limiters go like the CL-60, I find putting them on the primary lead of the Secondaries to work more effectively. This allows the Transformer to stabilize much faster but still limits the curent drawn by the charging curve of the filter caps. As a dual secondary transformer has two primaries and two commons, you will need two device per transformer.