ThatMicPre - an open-source mic preamp

Hi, and thanks for the great open design! I just put together my first ThatMicPre. However, the output is low and distorted even at the max gain. I've included some pics! Would appreciate it if anyone notices anything obviously out of place or can suggest troubleshooting advise! I'm running it into a Scarlett interface on using the line in port on the back, and powering off a bench top power supply.

IMG_5706.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5707.jpg
    IMG_5707.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 15
Hi, and thanks for the great open design! I just put together my first ThatMicPre. However, the output is low and distorted even at the max gain. I've included some pics! Would appreciate it if anyone notices anything obviously out of place or can suggest troubleshooting advise! I'm running it into a Scarlett interface on using the line in port on the back, and powering off a bench top power supply.

Hi zraxix,

My first question is, what DC voltage are you suing ac power supply? 48V or at least 24V, I hope?

If that is correct then I would take out a multi-meter and measure the DC voltages at the V48P, V35P and V18P nodes.

Hello guys,

thank you for this great project.
Please, I have a problem with the Matlab file.
I'm trying to use it but it gives me error.
Please could you inform me how to use it? What values and where I must put to give me results?

The version of Matlab that I'm using is R2023a

Thank you in advance.

Hi georgenikolaou

Hard to help you without any more info. What is the exact error that you are getting?

How much prior experience do you have with Matlab or Octave? The file is a normal matlab function, the help text for the parameters show if you type "help micpre_gain2res"