TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

I think mine are oficially broken in! We used them for a boat party yesterday!
The stupid plastic roof of the boat was vibrating Like a mofo and sounded terrible but the subs deff did a good job!! Shook the entire boat to pieces and didnt even break a sweat. I got the xti 4000 to clip once then turned it right down, but it was bass heavy techno (I'm guessing a sub 40hz bassline)
I was running the xti 4000 in bridgemode, with the limiters at -3db
I would love to have 4 of these, but transportation is a problem as it is, I had to rent a Uhaul van. Maybe I'll grab a small trailer and then I'll think about multiples! :D

You should do a comparitive measurement. Set up a pair and run a sweep in REW and then swap in the other(less efficient) set and sweep again without making any adjustments. Any mic and sound card will do as long as you are not overdoing it with the levels. I've no doubt the 18's can move more air but I am currious about the difference in response. The SS15 is a known quantity so it should be very enlightning.

It should look something like this: (from the hornresp post 1 of this thread)

Yep, should go lower. Grin factor 10 I'm guessing.

Attachments

• ss15compareth18.JPG
    ss15compareth18.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 1,127
I used them once for a boat party and I really enjoyed them. Just haven't had a chance to
Use them since. So I figure if someone wants them, I'll sell Em (for the right price obviously) I guess I could just use the cash more than the speakers sitting here lol if I do sell I can always build more in the future!!