TDA1541A PCB finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuei Yang Wang said:
Konnichiwa,
I repeat then challenge, if any of the modern Converters provides the (sound) quality of the TDA1541, please name them. Hint, PCM1704/1702/63/1738 and related, as well as AD1862/65/1852/53/55 and AD1955 need not apply, I had the chance to compare them already. They may appear superior according to their specification but fail rather miserably to deliver.
I wish you the same....

Sayonara

:D
That's why I have my Audio Alchemy DDE v3.0 connected to my DVD, and my own TDA1541A dac to my CDP, for music.:D
For those who don't know it, the AA 3.0 has: AD1862, PMD100 (HDCD), discrete I/V, class-A analog stage (with OPA627, put in by me, instead of the original OP176).
Long ago I made a big regulated PSU for this dac, with a big toroid, custom-made to my needs, with 4 independent secondaries.

All this artillery, and the sound, although very good, is inferior to my TDA1541 NOS dac, even with HDCD discs!:bawling:

Tda1541a non-o/s DAC PCB..

Dear pedja,

the blue trim is used to adjust the CCS level inject into TDA1541A
output in order to compensate the -2mA DC output
current from TDA1541.

hope this can help.

carlosfm

I also a Leica M6 user. how many lens U had. two weeks ago I borrow my friends 35mm1.4 double Aspherical. Oh, excellent.
Do U had this one.

Some of leica users told me that They saw 35mm f2 rodenstock/ Germany lens which for leica use. Do U had experience for this.

Kuei Yang Wang,

I test the DAC in different output method except the 6C45 directly couple to 12K:600ohm pre-amp output trans. I would like to say thank you to U. Actually 6DJ8 SRPP is my cup of tea. linear sound with rich bass

thanks

thomas

TDA1541a non-o/s DAC PCB Finish..

Dear Coulomb,

Sorry for my worse english to make U misunderstanding.

I said is for the first 20 set. I will special offer to all the diyer in europe area because I know that the parts that I supply (OS-con, Elna, Dale, IRC, Pureism is very expensive) I was the dealer of this parts in Hong kong. So will cheaper & will benefit to more diyers.

First 20Sets is USD200.

The Upgrade parts is USD 15. for the 1:1 input trans from R.S.
two special ERO 0.47 cap.

I prefer Western Union money order to me.

P.S. The kit remain 9 sets already, 11 sets was sold already. Thanks for support. After this 9 sets all sell off I will back to USD 240 for the full kits..

Because all parts is very expensive, Japan Yen is high too...

The first 20 sets I hadn't any money earn & I actually lost the transportation charge for me to back to factory, saw the test print.......

The post method I will choose reg.mail air parcel.

The EMS Cannot allow me post kit in big envelope form.
So I must back to choose the airmail but reg.mail. S/N will email to U after posted.

Western Union please added USD 10 for the service charge.

thnaks

thomas

Dear all,

I switch on my DAC over 24hours.
In room temp, 33 degree.
Close the top chassis already. Normal air circulation to cool the DAC.

The inner TEMP is Approx 55 degree.

Hong kong is summer, so may be quite hot.
If in air-conditional room. 20 degree.

temp will low to below 40 degree.

pls see the full look of the kits include the car oil paint chassis, 1cm thick aluminium facelet. & two power trans.

It cost 3 days to funish.

thnaks

thomas

Attachments

• tda1541a dac kit fully funish..jpg
    tda1541a dac kit fully funish..jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 349
the blue trim is used to adjust the CCS level inject into TDA1541A
output in order to compensate the -2mA DC output
current from TDA1541.
Thomas,

Why do you compensate the output current? I could easier understand if you compensate it for 4mA and not for 2mA because you use two TDA1541A. Do you plan to publish the circuit? Did you use some other references while you were designing, other than (excellent) Torben's and Lesha's site and Thorsten’s work whose you have mentioned?

Pedja

Dear Pedja,

I understand what U means.

U really right, its total 4 ma per channel. I test already 4ma on each channel. So I added one trim to Balance the adjust.

Sorry I cause U misunderstanding. I means is 2ma one chip.
So will 4ma for two chips.

Pedja, I think my digital knownledge will not better than more Europe engineer. So I use my limited knownledge to lay out the PCB> test them> compare the Information from Torben's and Lesha's site and Thorsten. Then I get this result.

The parts ( caps, Elna, Pureism, ERO,,,, resisters ( signal use dale) output I/V use better one & large watt use CGW & IRM, matsushit too) & then fine tune of sound. I & my friends compare to many DAC already.

Marantz DA95 also one of the compare one because DA95 Use TDA1541a.
DO U know that nowadays the market Use two TDA1541a DAC had only one in Japan but sell USD 10000.

The total circuit I will put to my website several days later, I was so busy & counting the total parts arrived my hand.

Pedja, This DAC will not make U disappointted, My friend use wadia 6 to compare the performance & after test he call me sell one set to him.

Hope U will understand what I mean because of me worse english.

pls see the test print. Version 1.0.

Black DAC PCB is version 1.1

thanks

thomas

Attachments

• tda1541a test print.jpg
    tda1541a test print.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 301

Pedja,

U got the data only from their website.
But I, During I design the circuit. I ask them & other engineer.
As I said, I only reference their design, not copy.
Different designer will had difference.
As my choice. I did not like OPA627. I like AD844. So I choose AD series OP-amp.

I don't know why U said I not directly answer your questions.

If U did not trust my design, why not buy one set to test. If U DID NOT satisfy. I will 100% money back to all buyer. U only loss the service charge & postage.

If I hadn't confidence to my kits. Will others kit seller do this.

thanks

thomas

siu sin man tho said:
I don't know why U said I not directly answer your questions.
Just because you have not answered them. So:

1. Why do you correct for the output offset (which is in your case 4mA and not 2mA)?

2. Do you plan to publish the circuit?

As I understood your answer on my third question about the used references is that you did not have the other references than those you have already mentioned.

Pedja

Dear Pedja,

first of all. I say sorry to U was may be My english is not good or worse. That case misunderstanding or cannot reflect mymeaning to U.
Sorry to that.

1. After I checked my test notes. confirmed is 4ma. One chip will be 2ma. U ask me that why at first I said 2ma. Pedja, My DAC can run in one or two TDA1541a DAC. For the DAC A-Board PCB. If U use 1 piece of TDA1541a. U must change the I/V Resisters. If U use 2 TDA1541a. U must set the I/V into 2 TDA1541a.

2. Sorry I don't understand the publish meaning.

The construction menu will follow with.
1. Parts check list.
2. Circuit will contain three sheet for 3 PCB.

If U had any advise for the manu.
Pls advise. Don't hestiate to tell me.

I only change a little in the third PCB( AD844 PCB ).
There may be a different with their design, as I said I was reference from them, Not copy.

I choose AD844 was after our hearing gathering with different op-amp.

pls see the photos for the first testing period of the dac & op-amp.

one is TDA 1541a, other is TDA1543.

very thanks

thomas

Attachments

• ·Ó¤ù 225.jpg
    ·Ó¤ù 225.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 314
siu sin man tho said:
After I checked my test notes. confirmed is 4ma. One chip will be 2ma. U ask me that why at first I said 2ma. Pedja, My DAC can run in one or two TDA1541a DAC. For the DAC A-Board PCB. If U use 1 piece of TDA1541a. U must change the I/V Resisters. If U use 2 TDA1541a. U must set the I/V into 2 TDA1541a.
Thomas, let's make this more clear. I did not ask you why did you say 2mA. And I did not ask you about your I/V resistors. And I certainly am not asking you to post the pictures. I am asking you: why do you null the offset current??? If this is not clear to you, I could make it in another step much clearer, but it won't be this nice.

Sorry I don't understand the publish meaning.
:rolleyes:

Ask someone or check the dictionary! It is not the slang, it is the conventional word.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=publish

Do you plan to publish the circuit?

Pedja

Pedja said:

Thomas, let's make this more clear. I did not ask you why did you say 2mA. And I did not ask you about your I/V resistors. And I certainly am not asking you to post the pictures. I am asking you: why do you null the offset current??? If this is not clear to you, I could make it in another step much clearer, but it won't be this nice.

:rolleyes:

Ask someone or check the dictionary! It is not the slang, it is the conventional word.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=publish

Do you plan to publish the circuit?

Pedja

Pedja, as an observer to this conversation between you and Thomas, it appears to me your tone is becoming more and more adversarial.

I am a student of the English language and I myself have to read his posts several times to comprehend his meaning, but this is not sufficient grounds to torment the poor chap.

Just a friendly interjection, please no one take offense.

Regards

Anthony

Pedja,

I will not agrue more about the circuit or others to U.

We all are diyers, we had difference culture, we had different taste. In diy world, we had different point of views too......

Actually, I need time to prepare the construction menu for the kits.

I sell over 15 sets to diyers already. I need to amend the detail of the construction menu for easy funish.

For the first & second questions.

The kits will contain check list & all of the circuit for the diyers to funish the kits.
The PCB will only had R1.. R2..R3.. & C1..C2..C3..already.

this is most easy for me to amend the change of parts detail.

The Detail of the circuit I will post to my company for all diyer to download. Its a PDF file. I need time to prepare. DIY is not my carrer. I only share good item to diyers.

Can U tell me If I really earn money. This quality kit will I sell only USD 200???? If U can get another kits which contain over 300 parts as the grade as mine. I will be the first to buy one set from him.

There is no secret in the world. Me too. But I need time to funish.

pls consent my condition.

I will very happy to see Pedja your Design.

thanks

thomas

Anthony,

No problem, I am certainly not taking your post as an offense, but I think you misunderstood my intentions. At the other hand, you are right with that notice about my tone becoming more adversarial. And that is for very specific reason. Btw, I understand Thomas' English very well. And from his latest post you may realize that he understands mine as well.

:cop:
I would like to ask the moderators for the opinion about this case.
:cop:

Pedja

Status
Not open for further replies.