TDA1541 info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Polycarbonate is after PIO one of the best plastic caps. But indeed in my 304 i have MKP motor starter caps, quite good.

What is your suggestion as IV/buffer SeraTico?

I have a simple tube stage in mind, with a switching PS from an old pc or so.

Guido: a friend has an 880 with paper SM. Will copy all. But it is allmost the same around dac as my CD640.

Pro of 880: selected dac, epoxy pcb.

cons of 880: NO pcb gnd shield!!!

I moded once CD880
not much,
NOS mode (override 7220...)
recloced I2S,
discreet IV
that was all
it was really good.
I can imagine with clock generator changed to better one...
But I had some problems about mute at first.
There was clicking between songs.
So I somehow trace the signal (wo manual...)
from some controler chip and it was worked out.

jnewbold said:

Hi Lee,

What sort of low noise reg did you add to the SAA7220? Where dd you ground it?

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe, it is something pretty similar to the Sulzer regulator. I won't go into too much detail as we're getting a little o/t.

The 1541 is in my Marantz cd94 btw. I know I can change the chip to a 1541a, but is the 7220b the same pinout as the "A" version? Would I get improvements from changing that too?

Cheers, Lee.

Hi Joe, it is something pretty similar to the Sulzer regulator. I won't go into too much detail as we're getting a little o/t.

Hi Lee,

Thanks. I'm on a bit of a budget so I'm preparing to try one of those "Rayregulators" with LEDs and "gyrator" from the Marantz CD63/67 megathread.

Don't know about the a or b rating for 7220. My Rotel RCD965X has b version.

I'm considering changing from SAA7232 bitstream DAC to TDA141. All the power supply are already in the CPD so a small(ish) pcb for 1541 and new output stage is all that is required, I think.

Cheers,

Joe

QSerraTico_Tico said:

As for the IV I am using the same opamps as in the PrimaLuna Eight IV-upgrade board. :rolleyes:

Sorry this was not funny of me. :xeye:
I am using the OP275 as IV-converter and some analog filtering as in the Zanden patent # US6721427.
Note that newer made OP275s sound a bit more bright than older ones.

I for one do not see any need for 100V/us slew rate opamps as in the PrimaLuna upgrade board. NON-OS would relax this spec anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.