t-amp stealth mod problem - no sound output at all...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK so lets do this by elimination.
Unsolder the wires from one of the RCA's
Just one channel will do.
temporarily clip the input to the wire leading to the cap on that channel, and clip the ground on.
Use your i-pod as the volume control.
If nothing happens then we know it's not the pot or the RCA connections shorting anything out.

- sorry, still don't understand the 've' thing.

- Re-checked (if I understood you correctly) resistance between RCA+ and speaker+ and speaker-
to speaker+: 53k
to speaker-: infinity

- here is a picture of one speaker soldering as well as the power in soldering.

Attachments

• soldering.jpg
    soldering.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 118
audio1st:
see the picture for results..... so no wonder I have no output signal, correct? I should probably try to connect the negative side of the speaker to the points labeled L- or R- on your picture?

Question: As I was pondering this.... I realized I only soldered the speaker wires on the bottom of the PCB. Could this be the reason for not having any continuity? Should I try to solder them on the top side of the PCB as well?

Attachments

• points.jpg
    points.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 103
stephanko said:
Question: As I was pondering this.... I realized I only soldered the speaker wires on the bottom of the PCB. Could this be the reason for not having any continuity? Should I try to solder them on the top side of the PCB as well?

Yup, if you look closely at your board you'll see that the - is only connected on the top part of the board and + is only connected on the bottom side for the R connectors. And both only on the top side the L connectors but I guess you just lucky getting the plus one to work. I assume you soldered the plusses first.

so it holds true one more time..... if you assume you make an *** out of U and ME. My (false) assumption was that the the top and bottom side of the PCB (looking at a single hole) are contacted through...

I will heat up the iron....... and keep you posted (hopefully with good news)

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.