t-amp stealth mod problem - no sound output at all...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nonproper soldering would also account for the difference in readings you had

1st post:

RCA input(+) to speaker(+): 52.8kOhm
RCA input(+) to speaker(-): infinity
RCA input(-) to speaker(+): 16.7kOhm
RCA input(-) to speaker(-): infinity

2nd post:

RCA+ (left) to speaker+ (left): 53k
RCA+ (left) to speaker- (left): infinity
RCA+ (right) to speaker+ (right): 53k
RCA+ (right) to speaker- (right): infinity

I assume that your first reading was reversed, meaning that it was R channel first, and L channel last.

Gentlemen, what a feeling of joy!!!! To be hearing sound coming out of my speakers!!!!

I sincerely appreciate all the help you guys have given to me :worship:

No question that the amp would have ended up under my biggest mallet :smash: had it not been for you....

So, again: Thank you very much to all of you! :wave2:

Now I only have to figure out how to fix one of the little eyes on the board where C10 goes. It came off the board when I :headbash: had removed the FM cap. Obviously I want to hook it back up again

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Good news, then!

I came here to see how you were doing, and it's fixed. Very nice. It did look like the speaker wiring to me...

FWIW, the holes thru the PCB are "vias". They should be connected to both sides. If you enlarge them, you will break the connection. I have always used the stock speaker wires, so have not had your problem. But enlarging the holes for the inductors does mean soldering on both sides.

As for your C10 - you may be able to run a jumper wire to replace the pad that came off. Just find the nearest solder point to the pad and solder in there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.