System Pictures & Description

Another nice "thing".This is a 9,3 litre closed cabinet maded to work into a medium home cinema system.The full range driver can be replaced by a coaxial or 2 way design with a bullet tweeter on top of enclosure...similar to B&W Nautilus concept.
I prefer to called a Mini-Nautilus system.Soon will be available for sale.

Attachments

• _MG_0032 A.jpg
    _MG_0032 A.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 3,522
  • _MG_0028.jpg
    _MG_0028.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 3,407
  • _MG_0008.jpg
    _MG_0008.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 3,292
Another nice "thing".This is a 9,3 litre closed cabinet maded to work into a medium home cinema system.The full range driver can be replaced by a coaxial or 2 way design with a bullet tweeter on top of enclosure...similar to B&W Nautilus concept.
I prefer to called a Mini-Nautilus system.Soon will be available for sale.

Those are cute as a button. That's some imagination you have. :)

Scan speak 26W/4867T00 + 12MU/4731T00 and R3004/662001

My active loudspeakers ;
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Built them last year:

which drivers did you use? are they active?

The drivers I´ve used are
Tweeter: NeoPro5i.
Mid: Tang Band W5-1611.
Woofer:Tang Band W69-1042.

The cabinets are sealed. I am using a four channel class D poweramp from Hifiakademie with a DSP to "drive" those Speakers. The DSP splits the signal by TMT and Woofer. The TMTs have a normal crossover. So it is a "semi-active" system.

Despite the fact, that the Tang bands are "cheap speakers" this system sounds clear, "homogenous" with a precise bass.
I am more than happy. Even folks with "off the shelve" speakers with 4 times higher prices are impressed.

But I have to say the biggest challenge to build them was the incredible low WAF factor :D

Last edited:
Despite the fact, that the Tang bands are "cheap speakers" this system sounds clear, "homogenous" with a precise bass.

The WAF was got my attention. I am surprised that you risked mating a very expensive tweeter (instead of TB's RT-1516S) to much cheaper woofers and midranges. The Neo5 might have cost as much as the other 4 drivers (2 mids and 2 woofers) put together.

It seems to have worked. Congratulations.

Last edited: