Hi there,

Here is my speaker system...

Main:
2* Eminence Sigma Pro 18 woofer
Focal Audiom 7K in Oris horn
Audax PR120 bullet tweeter

Center:
2* 8" full range in open baffle hung above 53" TV
(this driver is produced by local work shop named Colin Sound Lab)
2* 18" EV DL18W in W-baffle
(well, this unit is mostly rear-stuffed & very close to the back wall)

Attachments

• newsysbafflecenter(s).jpg
    newsysbafflecenter(s).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 4,045
My current DIY system ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

N/O DAC (Peter Daniel) -> LM3875 power amp + 10k pot (BB & PD kit) -> W3-871s monitors (John 'Zaph' Krutke).

All the above are DIY projects including chassis/enclosures, although Peter himself put the DAC together.

SPDIF source in pic is M-Audio Audiophile Firewire.

Details and build pics of the chip amp and monitors are on my website: www.vikash.info/audio/

Hello, finally my speakers also, I `m sorry there is no English but maybe pics talks himself
Big Big thanks goes to TONY GEE, who helps me a little, as you can see the speakers is looks like his Optimo`s but smaller midbasses, crossover are tweaked a little also.
Very AIR`i listening I must say;) Solid State I use old Sony STR 6046A year about 74`

Little Optimo :)

got my first speakers done today! YAY!. they're small bookshelves that sound wonderfull! better then I could have hoped and I no longer have to listen to music and movies through my crappy high pitched sound PC speakers. They don't look like much but they pound harder, louder, and clearer then anything I've owned. There is all something more fulfilling about hearing them knowing that I built them. Anyways here's some shots

http://img336.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speaker71zu.jpg

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speaker80dq.jpg

month and a half of work that really paid of in the end.

NINfan said:
got my first speakers done today! YAY!. they're small bookshelves that sound wonderfull! better then I could have hoped and I no longer have to listen to music and movies through my crappy high pitched sound PC speakers. They don't look like much but they pound harder, louder, and clearer then anything I've owned. There is all something more fulfilling about hearing them knowing that I built them. Anyways here's some shots

http://img336.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speaker71zu.jpg

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speaker80dq.jpg

month and a half of work that really paid of in the end.

Good onya ;) It is satisfying isn't it. What drivers did you use?

sumacSK said:
Hi Nielsio,

What happen to your supravox 285GMF? What do you use for bass now??

Bye Martin

Hi Martin,

I experimented a few times with purely the single driver in my system. I heard some textures I didn't hear before. After that I tried EQing this setup (with just the 215 Signature Bicone). I had to make quite some adjustments to the baffles, but it most certainly paid off.
Right now my system goes ever deeper than with the bass driver, and now I have NO passive filtering components, which is just marvelous. Getting the right 31-bands EQ was hard, but with a little luck I found a great configuration.

The sound is extremely revealling, with perfect coherency and integration (because there is nothing to intregrate it with..). But the balance is also very good, which is the usual pain of single driver systems.

PS The 215 SB has a good Xmax for this kind of application.

Hi Nielsio,

Thanks for reply. I'm considering buying 215 sig. bic. but I was little affraid about its bass response (my budget don't allouds me buying a subwoofer now...) Can you say little more about the baffle dimensions and how low it goes in this configuration. And also how the speakers work with more complex material (rock... music)

Thanks a lot Martin

sumacSK said:
Hi Nielsio,

Thanks for reply. I'm considering buying 215 sig. bic. but I was little affraid about its bass response (my budget don't allouds me buying a subwoofer now...) Can you say little more about the baffle dimensions and how low it goes in this configuration. And also how the speakers work with more complex material (rock... music)

Thanks a lot Martin

Make sure you'll get it from Supravox, so you'll get the new revision.

If you want a good respons, you'll have to EQ (digitally). This way, you won't have to add either a bass woofer or a tweeter. That's the beauty of this driver: it can handle it. The cheaper full rangers have only a small xmax or have responses that are too hard to EQ (non-linear on micro-scale or with large peaks).

Baffle: ~1.3m height, ~1m width, ~30cm decoupled from the floor, sides _coupled_ against sidewall, ~1.30m from backwall, drivers at ear-hight, optimal listening position is at ~40% to the inside of the triangle where the drivers point at.

> complex material

You can EQ these things to an excellent balance (given a proper baffle and placement), whilst remaining headroom (they can go up to cinema/concert level in my small room). If you succeed there is no music it can't handle.

> rock music = complex

IMG00081.jpg

I have a pair of Jensen jhs-1533's. They have 15in woofers. The paper towel rolls help tune the box making those 15's put out a decent amout of bass. I still need to build supports for the back of the boxes because they made them out of 3/8in ply wood that rattels at like 40-60hz. The smaller ones are MCS 8in 8310 Linear Phase speakers. They work well for the highs and can handle alot of power. I also have a pair of lyric 4way speakers ( I dont really know the model) that sound like crap. I can digure what is wrong with them but they just sound like crap. They sound like there is a whole in the bass. The highers are crisp but it just doesnt sound good. All these are powered by an Allied 495 Solid State Stereophonic amp/receiver. There is also a Yamaha Ge-30 Graphic Eq on my desk. I also have a frankinstien subwoofer. It is made of 3 difference comapnys. First there is the box witch is an mtx box that originaly had a low power 12in in it and a blown amp. Then there is the sub itself which is an Sdat 12" dvc sub I got off of overstock.com for 25bucks. Now I know what you are saying only 25 bucks has to sound like crap. Really it doesnt. I have a 10in of the same sub in my car and they both sound really nice. And finaly the amp is a 120w rms Optimus Pro SW-10p amp that I got from my freind for free. It went to his old 10in that was blown. So all in all I got a 120rms 12in sub for 25bucks because I already had the box and got the amp for free.
dsfasdfa.jpg

dfadfdsf.jpg

wow You cant say cr@p in here?