System Pictures & Description

I just finished a little project with some B3Ns that I had around. This is for my philosphy class. We are studying why we have art and for part of our final we had to create art.

Josh

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They are slate blue with an orange square and on the blue is splattered black.

The wr125s, are far from being being finished and I put the black under the tweeter on them to see if it changed anything, I haven't really knowtices any difference, just left them like that. And the tweeter is just placed on top and it rests on the black. They are temporary because this summer I am turning them into a 3 way.

Josh

My 2.5 ways system

This is my system with 2.5 ways speaker. Vifa xt25 tweeter, focal 5k4211 midwoofer and coral R 8" Woofer. Not small... but I made it before to be married:D
The mw\tw xo is passive and the woofer xo active (behringer).
The sound is very detailed but lacks a bit of dynamics.

Attachments

• sf.jpg
    sf.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 4,269
Thank you Paul.
The woofer is side mounted, here two more images, the tweeter box is made by lathe (I hope is the correct traslation). I have made some test and in my opinion is hard to listen any difference in the sound between this shape and a small box .... but it looks nice!:D

Attachments

• sfa 001.jpg
    sfa 001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 3,928
They sound very open and fast without coloration (note the very hi bl\mms ratio) but they lack of authority (I think that this normal for a 5") in the midbass region. The breakup is less audibile than in other kevlar driver that I know. For me is better if crossed over above 200 hz.
If someone have experience with this driver I'll be happy to know what he think about it.

Well, nothing special in my setup.
The speakers are made according to a DIY kit, called the Scan-Speak Reference Monitor. I'm planning a new design completely from scratch, while using the currenct units with an active sub per channel added.

My setup

Amp: Marantz PM-95
CD-player: modded Marantz CD-6000 OSE (lead for some weight, Tentlabs XO clock, deleted mute transistors, new powercord (DIY ofcourse)).
TT: Thorens TD147 with Benz Micro MC20E2
Phono: simple Project Phonobox
DCC: (not on picture) Marantz DD-92
Tuner: left over from Philips
Stands: Mission Stance
Rack: Target
LS-cables: MIT T2
Interlinks: Siltech SQ28 G5, Monster M850i, several DIY cables (which outperform the Monster).

planet10 said:

Any chance of getting a pic of under the hood?

http://www.customanalogue.com/jlti_photos.htm
Bottom of the page.

How do you find Joe's amp?

I already had the JLTi when I posted on page 6 ;-)

In short:
I've heard it next to 47 Labs and Bordel Patrol 300B. In my opinion: 47 Labs and JLTi are virtually the same (soundwise) (which means they get the same potential out of the chip). The JLTi and Border Patrol are of the same (terrific) quality, however with a slightly different sound character.

Attached is he pic of the driver with the gamma adjusted so as to better make out the detail

TFT monitor?