"Super-Pair" I/V for TDA1543

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bricolo said:

don't worry! I'm designing the layout for it, on a veroboard. I hope It will be finished soon

Hi Bricolo,

I'm not very keen on using veroboard for proto's especially
high speed stuff like unfiltered PCM.
I usually just start with a solid copper covered PCB and
neatly xmas tree everything on top. Depending on circuit,
a double sided solid copper covered PCB with PS rails cut
into one side with a dremel or hacksaw also works well.

With this method you get a good low Z ground to decouple to.
I also find it quicker than vero.
YMMV.

Cheers,

Terry

Terry Demol said:

Hi Bricolo,

I'm not very keen on using veroboard for proto's especially
high speed stuff like unfiltered PCM.
I usually just start with a solid copper covered PCB and
neatly xmas tree everything on top. Depending on circuit,
a double sided solid copper covered PCB with PS rails cut
into one side with a dremel or hacksaw also works well.

With this method you get a good low Z ground to decouple to.
I also find it quicker than vero.
YMMV.

Cheers,

Terry

Do you mean point to point, with the components glued on a copper plate?

BTW, maybe we don't have the same idea about what a veroboard is. I'm not sure I'm using the right name, I'm talking about the prototype board with the pads around the holes, not the one with the stripes.
I was planing to use a double side one, with a ground plane on the components side.

Bricolo said:

Do you mean point to point, with the components glued on a copper plate?

BTW, maybe we don't have the same idea about what a veroboard is. I'm not sure I'm using the right name, I'm talking about the prototype board with the pads around the holes, not the one with the stripes.
I was planing to use a double side one, with a ground plane on the components side.

No glue, you don't need it. Just use ground references such decoupling caps to hold it off the gnd plane, is usually enough.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi guys!

Mr Broer,

I have few questions..... I have tda1543 and cs8412 based dac without reclocking and with passive i/v conversion. It is running at 7V power supply.
I am reconsidering to try some things at the output of the dac. Maybe this circuit would do the thing fine?

first:
If I get this right the resistor form pin 7 to ground is 1k2 if the power supply of the tda1543 is +5V.

second:
What type did U use for the diode in power supply regulator near ZTX690B and which type is Q4?

third:
Pot 1k is a potentiometer (near RSOA1A 56R) right? Could U tell me please how to adjust it (adjustement procedure like Jean-Paul asked in post #30- or at least where could it be found (Iknow how to use Search engine but don't now what to look for :( ).

Fourth:
Is this much better than using passive i/v?
(Peter Daniel - what do U say- do U use it right now?).

thanks
daniel

sparkle said:
o.k. thanks...
I have figured the answer to my first question in meanwhile.

- I don't need no resistor on pin7 of the TDA chip. Right?

daniel

You still need something between pin 7 and Gnd to set the bias current for the TDA1543... this pin stays at about 2.2V and its output current, (doubled) is the Ibias of the Dac.

You can leave the old value for the resistor, but don't leave it out!

Cheers

Andrea

CCS

How about this.

Audiofanatic ;)

Attachments

• tda 1543 ccs pin 7.jpg
    tda 1543 ccs pin 7.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,079
12.7V version for 1543/3 ?

I worked out this version for my 1545 that I think will work for 1543 aswell.

I wanted something that will run from a 12 volt battery

As I need a cap on the o/p anyway to protect my transformer volume control from even the tiniest amount amount of DC I just settled on a big offset at the output.

It measures very well in simulation.

What do the experts think ?

does it pass ?

any drawbacks ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.