Sunvalley SV-S1616D [300B]

Hi

I have been reading the thread with great interest.

Does anyone have any updates on the sound of the 1616D vs the Elekit 8600S?
The Elekit TU-8600S, TU-8900, TU-8550 are modern sounding gear as to Sunvalley that has "Old World" charm Tube
Magic. If all depends on what you are looking for? Fast Sounding music or Lush Tube sound. What speakers are you using?

The Elekit TU-8600S, TU-8900, TU-8550 are modern sounding gear as to Sunvalley that has "Old World" charm Tube
Magic. If all depends on what you are looking for? Fast Sounding music or Lush Tube sound. What speakers are you using?
I have an old pair of PMC studio monitors that are +90db but will need upgrading. So I'm currently looking at a second hand pair of Living Voice or building an open baffle with Lii drivers sounding like a value option 🙂 I like the Allnic sound (phono pre) which seems to combine some of the best of tube spatiality and tone with dynamics... So I'm leaning towards the Elekit.... I think!

Reactions: 1 user
I have an old pair of PMC studio monitors that are +90db but will need upgrading. So I'm currently looking at a second hand pair of Living Voice or building an open baffle with Lii drivers sounding like a value option 🙂 I like the Allnic sound (phono pre) which seems to combine some of the best of tube spatiality and tone with dynamics... So I'm leaning towards the Elekit.... I think!
If I was using Studio Monitors, then Elekit would be my choice. Now with Open baffle, you can go with either, but I would say Sunvalley would bring in the warmth of tubes.

Worth mentioning with the 8900 you do have the ability to play with four different sonic signatures via it's ability to use or not use negative feedback with both 300B & 2A3 tubes.
As Victor stated in Thread #29

"Sunvalley SV1616D is a traditional amp design... tube rectifier/choke/...
In fact Sunvalley keeps the same design for more than 20 years...
Mr Ohashi is a musican and audiophile. The amp design is based on sound..

ELEKIT tube amp is not a traditional tube amp design..
ELEKIT is changing the design model by model. The life span of each model is very short except TU-8200 and TU-8500.
Mr. Fujita is not an audiophile..His design is based on spec..
Both are good but they are using different approaches"

Hi everyone. I’m new here and hoped you might help me out.
I was interested in the Elekit 8600s with upgrades and WE 300b’s.
I have since found this SunAudio 300b and read all of this thread.
I understand the SunAudio will have a more old world sound and the Elekit I guess more accurate (for want of a better word) , less romantic.
My 2 questions are :

1- I currently have a Leben 600x running el34’s and sometimes KT88’s through Devore 096’s. Also tubes in my phono stage. I love the Leben. Considering this setup which of the 2 designs would give me more contrast to the Leben?.

2- I do not much technical knowledge regarding building amplifiers, electronics. I have build one simple point to point Bottlehead amp before with no problems. I am pretty good at soldering. Do you think the instructions will be clear enough for me to follow if I take my time and test everything thoroughly ?

Thanks in advance.

Kdogsy, if you can solder and are patient, you can build this kit. Victor supplies excellent instructions. Just take your time and do a lot of double checking. You can do it. There are people here who can help and Victor provides wonderful service.

I just finished one and I am a moron. It sounds fantastic by the way.

New to the forum, but have been following it for a few months during my amp research. Just finished building a Sun Valley SV-S1616D from Victor, checked voltages and hooked it up this morning. My first amp build as well as my first journey into tube amps. Victor was great responding to a couple of Qs I had in a few steps during the build. I know it only has a few hours of run time on it, but so far I like what I'm hearing.

300B Finished.jpg

Reactions: 3 users