• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Gentlemen, Subbu is quite busy. I receive emails regarding the boards but it should be obvious by now that I am not the one distributing the PCBs. Subbu is the one you should address to but he has a family and a job too.

Please have some patience. It is a hobby for us, you are not dealing with a company.

Hi All

I've been asked for Parts Kits.
In this view I'm managing this "Short & Quick" Parts GB.
It will be closed when 15 Kits are ordered.
Prices are higher vs previous Parts GB due to lower quantites.
Shipping will be reasonnable using Universal Postal Services.

You're supposed to have PCBs (DAC & PSU) and ES9023 chips.
Those parts are provided by Subbu.

DAC Parts Kits content :
- Parts mentionned in the Official : Alt or Better value
- Enhanced Parts : SAL128 10uF/10 in C8/13/21 position.
- Highly Recommended Parts : C17a 1uF - C17b 1nF - C32 MKS2 - C22 470uF SEPC
- 3 x Molex kit Pin Header 2.5mm for SPDIF & L/R Output (Male + Female + crimp)

PSU Kits
- All Parts mentionned in the Official BOM
- Tamura transformer included

Here is the Link to subscribing Form :
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BqTdXluTo3pIbsUYZyNeL3Ig7cEmeoVNQqlBqipY1Vw/edit#

Thank you for your interrest.
Prices are shown in the form, Paypal only.

Regards

Phil

Has anyone spoken to Subbu the last few days, or know if there are any boards left?
I didn`t notice this DAC until last week, and after reading the entire build-thread and reading the feedback from builders, it seems to be really good, so I _NEED_ to build one(or two)! :D

I have a desperate hope that there are a few boards left, seeing as the first post of this thread has not been updated with "sold out" :confused:

By the way, awesome work by Subbu and J-P! Kudos!! :D:D

Regards

- Bjørn W

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi Bjørn, I has to chuckle when I read your user name. Does it mean what I think it means ? Brillegeit would be "goat wearing glasses" in dutch :)

Subbu is very busy these days. I spoke to him a few days ago. No idea if there are any boards left. Even after such a long time there is still demand which is a surprise and one I like of course. Our crusade against bad sound and sloppy made Ebay DACs has had some success....Now making FLAC the de facto standard will be the next ;)...

Have some patience and if you sent him a PM he will respond somewhere in 2014.

In my stock i have some finished V2.6 and some V3.0 but those are meant for relatives, friends etc. If no boards are left we can see if we can arrange something.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys!

J-P: You are absolutely correct about my username! :D Me and a couple of friends have sort of a weird obsession with the word "brille", we find it hilarious. A friend of mine went so far as to get "Brille" approved as his middle name. ;) Try this one; Brilleslange.. <-- Usually used for teasing people who wear glasses.

On topic: I signed up for the groupbuy for a few DAC- and PSU-PCB`s on saturday, not knowing that boards were so scarce. I sent Subbu an email yesterday to ask for avalibility, so I`ll let him respond in his own time.(no need to nag a busy man) ;) I really appreciate your pending offer for one of the finished boards, but lets see what Subbu says first. I`d like to build it myself if I get hold of a bare PCB.

Stixx: It would be great if you`d be willing to part with a board and chip, but as I said to J-P, I`ll give Subbu some time to answer before looking at alternatives.;) You have a good think about it in the meanwhile, and I`ll shoot you a PM if all else fails, and I`d be willing to trade my left arm for a board. ;)

Regards

- Bjørn W

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Mmm, just looked it up but there are not many "mean" words for people wearing glasses in dutch except for a now forbidden (considered) antisemitic one.
We don't use "brilslang" except for the cobra snake nor do we use the word "brillegeit". Maybe this is because many many people are wearing glasses ?

Since I started to wear glasses a few weeks ago I think I will join the Norske Brillegeit Gang as well. Better Brillegeit Gang members as friends than no friends at all :D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.