Studio Reference Amplifier

Fortunately, they're cheap.

Agreed. Just saying have plenty on hand. I played the amp pretty loud for about a half hour. Kind of a smallish heatsink for this much amp but thermal compensation does its job. I have the bias set to 90mA. After the half hour of loud playing it settles at 86mA. Just about perfect I think. I'm playing it at +-59V rails. Didn't try 4 ohms but just breezes along on 8 ohm. I also checked the MJE340/350 and they are a little warm. I can keep my finger on them but it might not hurt to have a small sink on them. Still liking the sound a lot.

could you please post sprint6 lay document as well, if you have it? I have sr150 bjt version, this one I would like to have too and I really like the way this pcb was done. great job!

Sure. It is actually Kuntarman's layout. I just revised it a little so I could use parts I had and I wanted to add a couple caps to the rail.

Attachments

• FR100.zip
    141.8 KB · Views: 568
FR100

Hello Terry
greetings whats the nominal dc supply rails for FR100
thank you for the pdf files;)

warm regards
Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_2454.JPG
    IMG_2454.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 1,230
Sorry, I took the day off yesterday. I fired it up today. Nice! I hfe matched the small transistors and I have 2mV offset one channel and 3mV on the other. I used a 2k trimmer and it very ample for adjusting the bias. I have it set to 90mA. Square waves are very clean. Just a slight rounding of the leading edge at 20khz. 100hz is almost flat and the bass response reveals this. Bass is deep and tight. Really sounds great and is very stable. Kuntarman's layout is good except for the LED needing to be inverted.

Another winner from APEX.

Blessings, Terry

Nice work, this will be my favorite hexfet amplifier.
Regards

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Sure. It is actually Kuntarman's layout. I just revised it a little so I could use parts I had and I wanted to add a couple caps to the rail.

Hi Terry,
I tried opening this file but my computer says it's an invalid zip file. Is this the Gerber package? Could you kindly please re-post the Gerber for the FR100?
Thanks,
X