Stage Accompany: the end or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now an other question:
The SA8535 was used in various outlines - I know two versions (see attached images):
1) Blue outline as top (perhaps driver outline for horn mounting?)
2) Face plate (again two versions) for front-mounting

Which parts I must additional looking for to get one of this showed versions (The version from picture number 5 and 6 with the circular recess for mounting as close as possible to the '12 until '15 bass-midrange I would prefer)?
Thank you very much for your advices.
Bear is right.
"Naked", the SA8535 is just the blue element shown on picture 1. It has sometimes been mounted naked on early Stage Accompany stage monitors (and also other later cabinets as it seems): the signal wire then needs to go back into the cabinet to the Xover or general speaker posts; since this may not be the most elegant solution, they used a plate for studio monitors and other applications (the funny shaped one designed to associate the SA8535 with two 12" woofers as on pic 6); I ordered my SAs originally with those plates but used 15" instead, hence the distance between the speakers on pic 5 because the radius is different and the plate does not accommodate the larger woofers. Any solid DIY square faceplate will do, as on pic 3 and 4. The blue SA8535 can also be mounted on the back of a horn SA designed specially for this speaker, and used when more sensitivity is required (sound reiforcement etc.); AFAIK, Limmer Horns in Germany was the only company to also offer a horn specifically for the SA8535. Never tried it with horn myself since in HIFI use, I probably would have needed equalization.
You can perhaps still get horns and the funny shaped plates from the SA company successor stageacoustic.nl (or from Alcons Audio's subsidiary called Rooster Ribbon/SA8535.com) or from SA-vintage.com .
Chris
Because I haven't understand all details, I ask now by Stage Accompany itself.
From there I receive today follow Informations:
The "Planar Face Plate" (front plate), for use in the M57 and M59, can only be used if the terminals of the RCD have been modified (see attachments).
The terminals are also equal to the terminals used in the Screen RCD.
These terminals are shortened and equiped with an allen head bolts.
The allen head bolt can be reached by the two holes in the front plate.
The SA 8535M, used in the M57 and M59, has allready this modification.
Prices: SA 8535M: € 549,00 and front plate: € 87,00

Now I have understand the correlations.
Here a test report from the M57 from the german magazine "Production Partner"
http://www.stageaccompany.com/download/files/PP-m57.pdf
But there is an additional difference by SA8535 between the pictures of the M57: left with diffuser and right without.

Attachments

• SA8535 drawings.bmp.pdf
    46.2 KB · Views: 125
  • SA8535 Terminal Genesis Screen Master-1.bmp.pdf
    44.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Stage Accompany M57.gif
    Stage Accompany M57.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 393
  • stage-accompany-m57.jpg
    stage-accompany-m57.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Hello,

A couple of years ago I had a "SA Spares Mailinglist" to fill the gap that was fallen with the bankruptcty of Stage Accompany.

After some period I've halted the mailinglist this of the Wanted/For sale section at my SA Vintage Forum.

The last months many people asked me to re-open the SA Spares mailinglist.
Not everyone speaks and understand English which the SA Vintage forum is written in.
There were also many people who very much liked this way to be kept informed.

The mailinglist is bilingual (Dutch and English) so Dutch people can also beneift from the list, if their not understand English.

Anyone who has Stage Accompany equipment for sale or seek, can send a PM so I can add you to the mailinglist.

The mailinglist is free without advertising and spam.

If you want to sell or seek Stage Accompany equipment I will forward then your request to all members of the mailinglist.

Members who are interested in a SA item can contact directly with each other to make a deal.

The mailinglist is only the messenger ;-)

Greetz Webbie...

Hello,

Stage Accompany will be at the prosound+light messe in Frankfurt.

Halle: 8.0
Stand-Nr.: N94

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Greetz Webbie...

Thank you for this advice.
prolight+sound goes from Wednesday March 21 to Saturday March 24, 2012 - unfortunately only four days
Welcome to Prolight + Sound 2012

address is follow:
Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage 1, D-60327 Frankfurt am Main

Location you will find about
http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&cp...esult&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm very glad that i can inform you that Stage Accompany is still going stronger and stronger every day.
SA released this year three new amps; the DS20 (little brother of the DS50), the SSD420 (4-channel cinema amp) and the HE50 (fan-less, HighEnd amp with no-compromise audiophile components).

All SA amps have for each channel (mono-block) a seperate power supply.

Some more info about the HE50:

The HE50 from the SA High-End Series was developed as a no nonsense High-End amp with the most possible sound quality in mind. The HE50 uses No-Compromise audiophile components such as Low-ESR capacitors and Ultra Low THD / Ultra Low Noise buffers. To accomplish the maximum listening pleasure the HE50 is from a fan-less design. The HE50 is the first High-Power amp in the world with High-End specifications and sound quality.

Excellent sonic performance class-D design amp with built-in DSP, 2 x 2500W @ 4 ohms load.
Switched mode power supplies (one for each channel). 64-bits 96kHz digital processing.
The remote configuration software, Stage Control, is Windows and Mac OS X compatible.

To achieve unsurpassed sound quality you can use the HE50 in combination with the SA M57 (or M59) studio monitor from the Master Series.
Really nothing can beat the HE50 / M57 combo!

TechDoc HE50:
http://www.stageaccompany.com/support/downloadnew/he50_techdoc.pdf

TechDoc M57:
http://www.stageaccompany.com/support/downloadnew/m57_techdoc.pdf

Picture of the HE50
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Picture of the M57 (with the SA DS50 amp)

Below pictures of the complete SA Digital Series:

- SA SSD420
- SA DS20
- SA DS50
- SA HE50

You can follow Stage Accompany thru their website or facebook:
Offcial Website: Stage Accompany
Official Facebook Page with lots of pictures covering more then three decades of SA equipment: https://www.facebook.com/StageAccompanyBV

Greetz Webbie...

Last edited:
interesting devices - thank you for posting this infos.
In the moment a friend of me are looking of a SA8535 Version from the M57 (see small image above).
About the URL
Q: How many different SA8535 Ribbon Compact Drivers are there?
I read follow:
There are seven versions of the SA8535 RCD, see the list below:
SA8535 Standard - basic RCD without horn (e.g. used in the E24).
SA8535 Cinema - same as the standard, but with: different terminals*, stainlees steel mesh screen, horn gasket and screw threads in topplate (for use in the Screen Series).
SA8535 L - same as Cinema, but without screw threads, and with extra topplate inserts for better horizontal diffusion (for use in the GL20).
SA8535 C - standard, but with stainless steel mesh screen and horn (for use in Leader and Champ Series).
SA8535 P - standard, but with spoilers (for active cooling) and horn for use in Performer Series.
SA8535 XL - standard, but with wave shaper for use in AH36.
SA8535 M - same as Cinema (Screen) driver, but with an extra 5mm thick aluminum front plate, and sometimes equipped with Contrad foam wedges (for use in the Master Series, models: M57 and M59).

LSV Achenbach
go to
LSV Dieter Achenbach
offers only the showed version.

Where are to order all the other versions?

Hi, I am Gabriel from Valencia (Spain), the reason for my email, is to see if is still for sale amplifier SA8535, and I would like to know what the price.

Trank you and best regards.
For any interested, I have some SA8535 for sale in the swap meet part of the forum.
which versions are this?

Last edited:
Hello,

After 17 years Prince still uses his "golden" Stage Accompany Performer sets (loudspeakers and amp racks) at the Paisley Park Studios.
Stage Accompany still sell this great unsurpassed PA set.

Below the "evidence" Prince is still using the "golden" SA Performer sets.
The set was used at the Breakfast Experience Pajama Dance Party with 3rdEyeGirl featuring Donna Grantis last Saturday Octobre 19th.

Below one stack of the SA Performer sets used at the "Gold Tour" of Prince.

More information about the "golden" Stage Accompany Performer set can be found at the SA Facebook page and at the news page of Stage Accompany.

Greetz Webbie...

Last edited:
Hello,

Stage Accompany update.

Stage Accompany is going stronger every day!
At the end of this year several exiting things happened at Stage Accompany:

An official Facebook page was build with lots of information about new, older and vintage products. As you may know Stage Accompany has a very rich history that goes back to 1977.

So please have a look at the SA Facebook page (and off course please "like" it): https://www.facebook.com/StageAccompanyBV

Below some of the new products of Stage Accompany:

New phase linear cinema enclosures of the Screen Series, the S31 (full-range) and the SL18 (18"ultra-low sub). All mounted on dollies, custom build for a project in The Netherlands.

Big brother of the M57 (from the Master Series), the M59, made for a customer in Egypt (the white foam is for protecting the finisch of the enclosure).

On the above picture a Dutch disco with 4 x M59 and 4 x AB36 subs, this is really BIG sounding.

More info can be found on the Stage Accompany website and Facebook.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StageAccompanyBV

Greetz Webbie...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.