• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE first build, caps and other questions.

I redid Ty's "for dummies". Readings where they should be- rectifier tube/ss( not as) switch made no difference, same readings either way.
Put tubes back in, nothing. Power tubes glowed, rec and 12at7 didn't. I will let it rest and I will reseat 12at7, it is very tight-hard to get in.
I will take readings L1 to ground.
Is there another B+ point on pcb?

I don't know.
If your rectifier tube were bad, you should still have power from the hexfreds.
If it were me, I would remove the hexfreds at this stage if only to concentrate on one thing at a time. Mine were blown and they have caused trouble for other people. You could remove them and check them.
I don't know why your rectifier heaters are not heating up if you have 5v across them.
You could check the resistance of the heater filaments on the pins of the tube itself when you have it taken out.
Mine reads 1.2ohms between pins 2 and pin8.

Latest photos of Lee's board with C1 removed.

Attachments

• DSC03802.JPG
    DSC03802.JPG
    648.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC03803_B.jpg
    DSC03803_B.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 132
I will check.
I believe my rectifier tube is cooked. Some silver material from the top is missing and there are droplets on the side of the tube. Plus, there is no resistance, two meters, or continuity also two meters.
I ordered a new one, JJ gz34. Two day delivery. Cheaper than going local.

Plus ordered some tubes for rolling when amp is sorted out. Kt77s. NOS.
Kidding. JJs.

Finally

New tubes arrived. Warmed rectifier to house temp, plugged it in,I played I'm So Glad by Cream. And I am.
Only got to play the one song - my wife works from home and she was on a conference call.
Have some buzz.
Took readings for B+, at L1 it is 426. At B4 zip(?).
I will take readings at R17 and 27.

THANK YOU.