SS 120R085 Depletion Mode Jfet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Refrenced to something Buzzforb eluded to earlier, I found this:
"You can drop the JFET into the Aleph circuit, it's just that I
found the mu follower to operate a little better with the lower
Vgs. Not a big deal. You can easily adapt the board in any case
with the npn as the voltage reference." N.P.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM, you mind putting the cute little AC signals in appropriate places so ican get my head around this thing.

same way as in pretty well known Aleph input stage

look at pic .

regarding SE magic - that's hogwash ;

good amp is good amp

SE or not - much more important issue is type of speakers/room , in combination with amp in question

Attachments

• Compound-CM-follower phases.JPG
    Compound-CM-follower phases.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 344
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM, I thought we were trying to do a simple Pass like design with all N devices?

:rofl:

don't ask me - I just wrote what I thought , then buzz buzzes me to sketch

besides that - you know that I'm talented only for over-complicating Papa's ideas :D

edit:

disclaimer : whenever you see sketch made by Mighty ZM - don't be so sure it's working .....

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
same way as in pretty well known Aleph input stage

look at pic .

regarding SE magic - that's hogwash ;

good amp is good amp

SE or not - much more important issue is type of speakers/room , in combination with amp in question

THanks for the cute signal thingies! As for speakers, recently been reading OB thread which you had something to do with. Probably doing something similar for next speaker. BA will probably have some help in this area as well.

Why do you like Bipolars so much?

... As for speakers, recently been reading OB thread which you had something to do with. Probably doing something similar for next speaker...
What a coincidence? Me too! But there are many. And some real good tech pages too. There are also OBs and Dipoles!
John K, Linkwitz, Stigeric, MJK, Rudolf, and many others. Personally I'm a line array lover and I'm working towards a semi Dipole/OB line array. I've always been a box guy so this will be my first OB configuration. Did you se the "Fin" recently published project thread. Very good work by Cuibono. Amazing actually :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
input LTP current is set by CCS ( that one drawn as circle with arrow)

resistors in emiters of bjts are there to set needed ratio of currents through adjacent verticals of Current Mirror

so - that way you can have greater current through right half of current mirror than through left .

me likeee more current :clown:

input LTP current is set by CCS ( that one drawn as circle with arrow)

resistors in emiters of bjts are there to set needed ratio of currents through adjacent verticals of Current Mirror

so - that way you can have greater current through right half of current mirror than through left .

me likeee more current :clown:

Thanks for the explantion. Missed the cs at bottom of LTP. Too busy looking at all those bipolars.

Is bipolar at top of LTP providing only V gain, being common base? Top pair of bipolars in cs to bottom pair which form cascoded source follower. I need to look up current mirrors. My head hurts. Where's my De Lite schematic, I need to rest.:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well - that's just mishmash - rough sketch

it can be simplified , or complicated further ; it even doesn't contain important part instead that resistor in middle - it needs proper voltage "accordion" for that right part of current mirror .

be aware that I don't have formal education in electronic ;result is that I'm sometimes overenthusiastic ........ at least as long I check things in reality

dunno - toobz are simpler that these multilegged fuses :rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah - I didn't meant on smoke - I'm too old, clever & xperienced for that

I meant just on , say , slightly wrong concepts :rofl:

edit :

I knew that there was a "slight" omission ........

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 351
  • Compound-CM-follower.jpg
    Compound-CM-follower.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Either? I realize that using R085 as CS is difficult, so whether mu follower or Aleph, I will have to use something else. Just didn't know advantages or disadvantages. As FLG said, Pass suggested in J2 article that Mu follwer was better for use with R100'S over Aleph, but SS with ALeph isn't really new design.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
seems that , for serious conversation , one ( or we :rofl: ) need to decide which part(s) and which concept to use

depletion or enhanced , Aleph CCS or ( as Papa sez ) Mu Follower ......

some of these are mutually exclusive , or just too complicated to realize .

if going for Aleph -like input stage - why using depletion output , and need for additionall small CCS and helper (more) negative leg ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.