Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

Good afternoon Mr Pass,
One question related to the answer of Mr Luvdunhill paralleling the CSX1. I consider but is my taste or my idea that the paradigma of this kind of circuits is the simplicity and this circuit is quasi magic for my goals. And paralleling the out devices we can improve the damping for uses the amp with another more complex loudspeakers, that is no my case cause i use full range high sensitivity back horn loaded speakers.
Luckily I got a good matched Vfet from Acroman
Must we use ballast resistors in the sources of the Vfet for equalize the current? I trying to make this amp but my only problem was the high capacitance of g-s.
Thanks in advance, please receive my best regards and the grateful for share your treasures.
The best for the rest of the gentlemen.

... after braining...

The heatsink power part contains only the FET´s (TO247 not yet implemented; no SMD components!).

Attachments

• IDEA.jpg
    IDEA.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 602
  • HEAT-P-TOP.png
    HEAT-P-TOP.png
    814.9 KB · Views: 605
  • HEAT-P-BOT.png
    HEAT-P-BOT.png
    734.8 KB · Views: 583
What are the thermal requirements for the heatsinks? K/W?

The POWER LEFT/RIGHT parts of the amplifier are connected with following BRIDGE to the AMPLIFIER part (SMD or THT are possible).

The choice of the heatsinks defines the dimension of the overall amplifier: you choose 300mm and 5U then the deepth is 300mm and the height 5U minimum (the POWER LEFT/RIGHT PCB is centrally mounted: I suppose the heat is radiated from the FET´s away; some FLIR measurements should be nice and helpfull).

Attachments

• HEAT-P-TOP_2.png
    HEAT-P-TOP_2.png
    739.8 KB · Views: 681
  • HEAT-P-BOT_3.png
    HEAT-P-BOT_3.png
    789.9 KB · Views: 659
I know that the resistor should be so close as possible near the gate.

... take a look at Mr. Pass layout, or Tea-Bag´s layout: the resistors are not so close anyway...

Simple question: did the temperature have an influence of the behavior of this resistors? No, then I will place this 221R and 1k0 as short as possible near the gate!

Jean-Paul,

You seem to have the skills, time and energy. It would be great if you designed boards that could be bolted to a L-shape or T-shape aluminum profile attached to a MF35-151.5 Conrad heat sink. Conrad Heatsinks - Products
The boards should accommodate 2 pairs of VFETs and use TO-247 package for the MOSFETs. The boards should also be symmetric single pieces, one for each channel, similar to what Nelson presented. I would be certainly interested in buying them.