Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

While i admire immensely your aesthetic talent....and would like this amp to be look so special as it is ...please listen to ZM ...and read EUVL's paper on heat-sink heat distribution.

If you can combine all this with a truly unique and gorgeous design ...man you are the man. !:D:D:D

Actually Euvls paper is based on some lab work I did for him. Except I mapped the entire heatsink through laboratory measurement.
He then came up with a way to mathematically model it.

So yeah as it has been said repeatedly, it is best to space mosfets further apart for best efficient use of heatsink.

Last edited:
... Mr. Fantastic... oups, not me, but the new design!

300mm length, TO247 or TO3 for IRF/P...

Attachments

• VFET-V3_TOP.png
    VFET-V3_TOP.png
    725.1 KB · Views: 683
Joined 2012
Paid Member
when i flip those 2 vfet, tadaaa the G and S position is opposite to KD-33. is this possible?

Just received 2 x 2SK82 from Ebay seller "polida2008" and I'm sorry to say, fakes again.
They look exactly like yours with good JA-33 printing, but when flipped the G and S is opposite.
Put a drop of Isopropylalcohol on them and you wipe off the text completely :mad:

Then I measured them and yes, relabeled 2SK60s again.

I stop here, no more VFET's from Alibaba or Ebay for me.

Just received 2 x 2SK82 from Ebay seller "polida2008" and I'm sorry to say, fakes again.
They look exactly like yours with good JA-33 printing, but when flipped the G and S is opposite.
Put a drop of Isopropylalcohol on them and you wipe off the text completely :mad:

isn't 2sk60 a vfet as well? So if it works, it can be used in a different design?

you are not as greedy as me, I bought 4pairs which cant be returned. Well if it's 2SK60 then at least it can be used someday, who knows Papa will release another vfet version :drink: