Sony TTS 8000 (All in Discussion)

The arrival of the Bushes is excellent News, lets wait a little longer and keep the fingers crossed, to see if the other package arrives and then I will ask for reimbursement of my costs.
I am due to visit the Engineer, as I have acquired some parts that have been requested by them, as well as acquired a part to be tried on the Tonearm the engineer produces, this upcoming trial with this rarely available part is of great interest to us both, especially for the furthering the experiences to be had with the Tonearm.
If the fitting/lubrication information is needed immediately ? I can ask for it to be supplied prior to my planned visit.

I measured the OD of all six bushings I recieved ~16.05mm with my basic digital caliper. The OD will give a very tight fit once pushed in. The ID is ~10.97mm. And finally much lesser if in place.
A 11H7 hand reamer should be used after fiting the bushings IMO.

Thing is that due to its OD it's hard to collar the bushings precisly befor pushing them in.

Your comments are welcome. Any ideas on lubrication w/o modifying the rest of the motor unit?

The Bearing Housing used to trial fit the earliest bush samples is one I have supplied.
The earliest produced bushes have been then transferred into another supplied bearing housing and I am sure the 11H7 Reamer is used on the Bushes to create the ID that has been wanted by the Engineer that has produced the Bush Parts.

The most recent Bushes Produced have had a tweak to the OD Dimension which was made known earlier in this thread as stated in Posts 238 and 241.

There has been a change to the OD of the Bush only, with the intention to have an improved contact with the Bearing Housing Inner Wall.

As there is a bearing housing donated by myself to assist with the selecting the final dimension for the bushes, and a pair of produced bushes from each production run has been a Bush seated into my donated bearing housing, I do not see there being any major concerns to be met.
A Tips and Tricks advisory for the method to seat the parts.

The decisions that will be worthwhile assessing prior to seating the Bushes, are as shown in the following sections:

1, Retaining the Oil in the Pressed Bowl Sump - Jamie has supplied very valuable methods to consider for this to be a successful procedure using the original parts with only the Square Wall O Ring Exchanged for a Modern Part that is an O Ring.
As stated before in Post 120, an X Ring in place of the O Ring will provide a double edge contact on to both contact surfaces, using this method will provide a seal with two lines of defence for the lubrication retention on both surfaces interfaced with in the sandwich assembly.
Note: Only the O Ring has been trialled so far and has do date offered a successful solution.

2, With the successful outcome of section 1, there is not really any limitation seen to be present on Oil Viscosity and Fill Levels.
If the want is to try an Oil Filled Housing, it has been stated before in Post 196, a slight reduction in length of the White Plastic Sleeve found within the Bearing Housing by approx' 3-5mm, will enable the upper seated Bush to be slightly recessed into the Bearing Housing, and leave a rebate at the top of the assembly to place a felt pad to be seated and used to absorb any lubricant that can rise from the inner shaft. This is a method seen used on TT's across the years.

3, I am off the belief to get the maximum effect and improvement from the Mod's being undertaken, the Pressed Bowl Sump Plug, being redesigned as mimicking or similar to the version Jamie has had produced when the earliest Bushes were produced for him, is a important interface to work with.
If adopting this method and using a Torlon Thrust Pad, this addition will have the potential to produce a noticeably lower noise floor and this can only be a good outcome for the Vinyl Source.

4, The works that are off interest are looking to happen quite soon, the previous supplied disclaimer as seen in Post 159, will remind of the foreseen risks attached to the undertaking of the modifications.

I will attempt to make contact the Engineer tomorrow and start to gather advisories to support the requests for information that are being made.

It is a very nice out come, 'All's well that ends well'
All of the items are now in the possession of the Group Buy members awaiting the opportunity to be used.
In support of this, my enquiry to the Engineer has been timely, as I am expecting shortly an email that will offer guidance on fitting and lubrication requirements and hopefully showing methods that will make the task seem quite achievable.

I have not inquired how many Bushes have been used in a Bearing Housing to date, but with the trial fits / removals and then permanent fits, it is most likely four times so far, without any concerns raised for the procedure.

I am very much looking forward to the reports offered on the upcoming experiences soon to be encountered.

email sent to all GB Members

Jamie, I did not discuss in depth with the Engineer about the change to the OD on the later produced Bushes, I trusted his reasoning on making the decision, which is no different in my attitude for all the work that has been carried out for me.
I am not aware of the New Dim that was selected, or if it was a lesser or increased overall diameter to the earliest ones produced.
I would feel confident any differences will be a minimum incremental change that is selected for the tooling.