Sonus Faber Extrema

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Almost there!

Thanks everyone for your help. My project was on hold for over a year because my project partner had an accident. We started back with the development and here are some pics.

Attachments

• _2072184.jpg
    _2072184.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,321
Crossovers and driver burn-in process! I use a frequency sweep from 5Hz up to 100KHz sweep using sine wave and then square wave. Then I play different type of music for long hours. I used Bees Wax to cover the crossover components (only two inductors) the resistor is mounted at the back of the speaker on a radiator.

Attachments

• dsc01588.jpg
    dsc01588.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,182
Hi,

Nice and interesting project. From Stereoplay article about Sonus Faber Extrema, it is not enough clear to me, whether there is added mass on the B-139 diaphragm??:xeye:

Secondly, anyone have idea what approx. should be the value of the resistors attached to B-139 coil terminals? It seems that there are 5 different values, each of which give apropriate LF response centered about 50Hz.

regards,

Thanks Sala! It's been a challenging project. I will post more pics soon. For the resistors, I am using 5 values, starting from 0Ohm (total shunt) up to four times the value of the Impedance of the driver. 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 Ohm. I just guessed the values!! Can someone help me with the black paint? What type of Primer and Paint is best for this project? The manual says it uses a Black-satin lacquer paint.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.