Some speaker driver measurements...

Hello friends. Has anyone studied the issue of installing the 3" midrange in depth in order to match the centers of acoustic radiation for a 3-way speaker? These ones has a large dome and I'm afraid that it doesn't have a better place on the flat front panel. And if you drown it inside, you will get an unwanted horn...
You can measure the approximate centre of acoustic radiation. With arta and 2-channel impulse meas you get a good idea. Use highest sampling frequency.

Will you try a passive trap circuit to tame the resonance? It should have benefits in reducing THD of harmonics of the resonance compared to active EQ.
This tweeter should be "bundled" with a fitting passive circuit to get it at least somewhat linear.

But that's not my cup of tea - I will stick with Beryllium ;)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
IMG_0007.png

IMG_0008.png

Reference:
https://hificompass.com/en/reviews/bliesma-t34p-4-paper-dome-concept-tweeter

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Alot of companies use silicone oil to impregnate their speaker cones anf surrounds with. It works very well but it needs the correct carrier material composition to not wick away over time. Many fullrange drivers with one piece cone/surrounds use silicone in the surround unless they coat it with something afterwards.

I find the sound of 18we a bit warmer, lush and softer compared with 18wu, maybe because a bit stiffer cone and more odd harmonics of the 18wu woofer.
I don't like aluminum SB speakers in the midrange at all no matter how low their distortion are:)
Talking about timber of paper cones, would you consider MW16p more towards "stiffer paper" cone or "softer paper"?

Actually I tempted to coat my MW16p's paper cone surface with Visaton LTS50 (similar to those Seas coated paper cones), and since you talked about different paper cones a lot, I would love to know your opinion first (y)