Soft start & Soft Switch circuit: can anybody help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ble0t said:
I just noticed I never added an LED to this to signal if it has been turned on i.e. RL3 has closed. I'll add that early next week and then look at doing a very small run of boards (4 or 5).

Hi, look forward to seeing final version w/ led and hopefully place an order for two.

Spotted the test pads for the accessory board which would probably work out quite well for Brian's 'Prox' touch sensor. I remember Maxhawk used this 'attached' momentary switch for his boards which might be quite nice, looks like they have a low profile fit.

Stan

Attachments

• bulgin switch.pdf
    54.1 KB · Views: 176
Well, I got a couple boards made for a few little projects I was working on, and I included this one. Here's a shot of the completed board. The parts for it come in tomrorow, so hopefully I can post a fully stuffed shot tomorrow night. And sorry about the glare/bad quality...I don't have a real up-to-date digital camera ;)

soft.jpg

Hi,
It's not the lack of an up to date digital camera that's the problem.
It's the location of the flash.
Choice; either switch off the flash and use daylight or use 2 flash located either side of the camera and arrange for the reflections to miss the camera lens. Usually if the flash are about the same distance from the lens as the lens is from the object will achieve this.
Daylight illumination is simpler.
Don't blame the equipment.

Hi All,

sorry to barge in onto this thred, but I just designed my first PCB based on the circuit posted in post #6 (first page of this thread)

since it is my first real PCB design, i would like some of You to have a look at it.

the power resistors are mounted off the board, this leaves all possibilities open (heatsink mounting etc..)
I only added connections for one powerline, the other needs to be connected directly.
240V part is separated by a ground plane on the PCB, i don't know if this is necessary, but it makes me feel better..

the circuit is powered with 12 Volts, power supply is a separate PCB

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

many thanks in advance
Regards Robin

Hi,
is there another mains switch before the soft start?
Then this switch must (in the UK) switch both the neutral and the live.
If the soft start relay is your only mains switch then the first relay should not be parallel connected and you should run the neutral and live to the two halves so that both poles are being used separately.
The gap from PCB fixing to the live input seems a bit small. No metal bolts here, use only plastic (nylon) fixings. Your track gaps look OK on the mains side. How about adding a mains fuse on the PCB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.