Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
OK, beside the easy Z-kill which is grr@#%, while having 470R hooked as dummies try some RD value for 47-48VDC raw. It will do good to EMI and will keep calm VDC during a high mains plateau if ever. Bring up the Duncan PSU software and use 100mA as end load to gauge the about RD value. Resides between bridge and filter cap. But use crocks to confirm before installing. 2W-3W-5W should fit and suffice.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I trialed and errored the trafo resistance in PSUD until I got matching figures in pic one. 10 ohm seems to fit in pic 2.

Attachments

• utan.png
    utan.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 248
  • med.png
    med.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 253
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I was not worried about the ripple, rather confused about that the drop over the RD was 1,3 VDC when it dropped some 3 volts in total. But Im with you now, the C doesnt get the same camelbacks as without the RD. PSUD says 3,86 V pk-pk ripple over RD. 1,76 RMS.

Edit: You said dummies, I thought RD. My fault.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I was not worried about the ripple, rather confused about that the drop over the RD was 1,3 VDC when it dropped some 3 volts in total. But Im with you now, the C doesnt get the same camelbacks as without the RD. PSUD says 3,86 V pk-pk ripple over RD. 1,76 RMS.

Edit: You said dummies, I thought RD. My fault.

1.364 RMS. Given the ambiguity on real internal resistance of your Tx, I think that you did pretty well on theory vs practice results.