Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Maybe the demand for the 369s has not been that big that anyone has bothered to make fakes even. Anyone heared of fake 369s?
Fakes presumably become worthwhile when one buys in substandard parts for 1cent and relabels them on a batching facility that consumes many hundreds/thousands of dollars and the price mark up then makes it worth while distributing the fakes in great numbers (tens of thousands) to the wholesalers who don't want to ask for "authenticity" credentials.

2sk369 as you state almost certainly don't fall in attractive faking territory.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Do I get away with 6k (dual 12k 0,5 W that I have in good quality) on R13 for 43 dB gain instead of 5,6k 1 W?

No, you need 5K6. BTW Vgeorge said to me he got fakes from ebay on first try, can't remember from which store. Second try he got real ones. Ammo tape ones are usually alright and yours look like having the right legs and plastic head proportions as long as expected IDSS range.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
5r6 is the value I need. That is no unusual value. I am looking for low noice, low PPM resistors in that value and they are hard to find in 1 W or bigger.

Serial + parallell 2 + 2 0,5 W seems abit to much for me. The one I posted is good on paper and locally avaliable but is wirewound. I wondered if anyone thinks that can be a downside.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I dont think inductiveness matters at all on R13. It can be positive actually since its a rail resistor. Oscillations would be the only drawback but I would be surpriced if so.

On tube grids for example, inductive resistors can start to oscillate with the grid capacistance. Thats why carbon is popular as gridstoppers there in extreme cases.

Looking at the parts I got for my second build. A very nice kit indeed - thanks TB! .I believe I'll wait for the watercooling part to materialize before I start :D. As always keeping an eye on things.

Hope to find a quite period where I will change C3 from Obbligado gold+ to Mundorf SGIO's and replace the cooling blocks to standard from what I've been using. As I now have a probably:))) reliant LCR meter I'll check the C2+C2Y combo and better it if needed. Of, course I would like to know if there are other findings amongs the builders that I could take with me in the review...

So far I'm very very pleased with the SQ as is my wife and the dogs. Really, as soon as I put our regular baroque vinyls on they just find their preferred spots and listen - ears up.

One can hear every instrument if you listen for it. It is there...

Regards

Last edited: