Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I think you should also measure voltages on all 3 pins of Q2x and Q1x, If you have 49V at the "top" of D2x, can you measure voltage all along that string to the drain of Q2x?
In case his new 9610s won't make good then the puzzle escalates. :scratch1:

Not even in the hundreds of BIB regs we have had something like that before. Plus his photos show a clean construction with no wrong orientations.:magnify:

Much as i feared things went ugly and heavy. As they usually do with my builds :)

Added a couple of 8H chokes. And a couple more electrolytic caps. 3 ways of hooking the chokes up: 8H, 36ohms or 2H 9ohms, or in common mode. Lots more listening to do.

Attachments

• njfet with chokes.jpg
    njfet with chokes.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 335
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Did you try Radio Katouma? If you will not find any MOSFETS in the end bring it to my place in the weekend since you are a fellow Athenian. I have a few left 9610s I think and my iron is an ESD safe Metcal. Keep the old ones, I want to check them on the DCA tracer to see if they were really dead out of curiosity. We can test the boards off a current limited bench PSU against your own raw PSU in case there is something wrong with it that we could find as well. So bring the whole shebang over.

If you will find MOSFETS, try first, for the sweet revenge you could beat that Murphy geezer on your own.:D

Attachments

• Bench_PSU.jpg
    Bench_PSU.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 323
Interesting experiments to many builders. Let us know your evaluations.

P.S. Maybe you could twist some cables in the CLC to reduce their loop area?

What is the nominal current rating (mA) would you recommend for chokes in Raw PSU for our Folded?

Also, I assume it should be concern about voltage drop.
So, for classic CLC it should be about : 1.4v+0.9v+1.4v= 3.7V
Theoretically, if I have 52v out from my rectifier, then final V out of Raw DC equipped with Pi should be equal to 48.3v. Right?
Thank you.

Last edited: