Simple, no-math transformer snubber using Quasimodo test-jig

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I'd like to buy a kit of PCB and components. Please let me know what's available. I live in Norway and I have the tools to solder SMDs.
Hi Borges, please see (post #166) in this thread.

You could also slap together a bellringer test jig on your solderless breadboard. It only takes a couple of hours. See (post #18) in this thread

You could download the Gerber files (see post #22 for the SMD Gerbers, and post #58 for the thru-hole Gerbers), send them off to your favorite PCB fab house, and get some blank boards made & sent to your home. Then you could buy electronic components from your favorite websites and distributors, then assemble one or more Quasimodos on your kitchen table. At least two diyAudio members have done this and told me of their success.

There's also Stripboard, Veroboard, and Dead Bug assembly to consider.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I downloaded the artwork files and had Seeed make me a set of the through holes boards. I have 5 spare at present. I'll do the same as offered above for anyone who would like one. PM me for details and you will need to be able to pay via Paypal. I'm in New Zealand.

PCB only: US$14 to all locations.

Just received today the board, looks great, thank you.

Joined 2011
Paid Member

Attachments

• BOM_highlighted.png
    BOM_highlighted.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • kemet_catalog.png
    kemet_catalog.png
    123 KB · Views: 1,120
I have sold all of the spare boards I had.

Current status is
  • Mark Johnson: sold out of V3 (SMD), sold out of V4 (thru-hole); no plans to sell more

• tjencks: thinking about organizing a Group Buy in Jan or Feb 2014; send him a PM to express your enthusiasm
Each diyAudio username above, is also a hyperlink to that person's most recent post about the Quasimodos they are making available.

Hi guys,

I just placed an order on OSH Park with the very kindly provided files from post #58.

3 boards for $35 with shipping included is great! I plan to populate two of them for myself and a friend.

For your convenience I have re-attached the same zip file and added Mouser order codes to the BOM.

Thanks for your great work!

Borge

Attachments

• Quasimodo_TH_Gerbers_and_everything_else_Mouser.zip
    349.6 KB · Views: 342