Simple discrete preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thank you!

Hi AMT-freak,
Thanks for the link, I'll try it (when I can find the time). I've downloaded it already.
You method looks like it might work (vegie oil). I tried printing directly to clear plastic for laser printers, but the black is translucent. I gave up afterwards.
-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
etching details

AMT-freak,
Please email me directly on your etchant. I haven't heard of it before and that will keep it from "open"view if you don't wish to post it directly. I have used things other than Ferric Chloride in the past.
Thanks again - Chris

Always keeping in mind Jocko Homo's "new law"... ;)

I ditched the idea of doing a quick and dirty prototype with all BC550. I will have to do listening tests and "fine tuning" with the final transistors anyway, and I'm pretty sure the topology works.

Having made good experiences with an all Toshiba transistor set in my last power amplifier, I setteled on the following devices:

2SC3329 / 2SA1316 for the "diamond buffer" part
2SC2705 / 2SA1145 for the rest
2SC4793 / 2SA1837 for the "output stages"

Toshiba Datasheet Search

The Europeans do the '92 package the other way round, so I'll have to rework the PCB...

Prototype PCB finished today:

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 487
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.