Show me your guts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
denis59 said:
Hi ! I'm french, so I hope you'll excuse my english :angel:

We purpose to me a Phoenix Gold MAC 200, so I don't know this amp and I like to know if it's a good amplifier to plug with a MB Quart PSD 213 component.
I'm looking for quality, both dynamic and clearness.

Is this a good amp for this use ?

Thanks a lot ;)

PS : I've mailed Phoenix Gold to know the difference between a MAC 200 and a MS, that's their answer :

"The amp is a great unit and will function well for almost any moderate power purpose. I do not have a manual for the amplifier that I can provide you but if you look a the dimensions of the unit and compare it to the same size “MS” chassis amp, it is the same unit with a different power supply. The power supply in the “MAC” is optimized for 8 ohms vs. the 4 ohm rating of the “MS” so the 4 ohm rating of the MS amplifiers would be the same for the MAC except at 8 ohms instead."

Interesting answer they gave you denis. I love it how PG are so honest, its great!
Here is the manual for this amp:
ftp://208.187.38.55/Phoenix_Gold/Manuals/Amplifiers/MS_MAC_Amps/

and yes I think it would be good for those MBQ components ;)

Here is the amp I am currently working on... an a/d/s/ P640, 6x40 or 2x120 and 2x40

Motorola 1302a and 3281A to-247 output transistors, 8xNDP7060 Power supply FETs, bandpass and high pass active crossover network built in...

perfect for a 2-way active setup, bridge channels 1+2 and 3+4 for mids, and use 5 and 6 for tweets.

I have an M44 PHoenix Gold that I was working on and while I was un sodering a bad resistor I accidently ripped a trace on the left side of the resistor to the right on the picture shown.If someone could post a better close up of the area it would help me greatly because I cant find where the trace origianlly went.I was using a battery operated board sodering iron and apparently it wasnt hot enough.I have searched and search and havent found any good closeups of this board.This is still my favorite amp even though I have newer ones.

Attachments

• picture 023.jpg
    picture 023.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 289
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.