Show me your guts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am just starting to learn about car amps and would like to see what various manufacturers have done in terms of board layout, components, and general construction.

Well, I have an old Advent PA250 which is a 2x50W bridgeable amp. It uses one KTD718 NPN and one KTB688 PNP for each channel. Switching mosfets are IRFZ34 and the PWM generator is the TL494, which I am finding is a fairly common unit. The rectifier is two independent TO-220 chips which I can't find anything about. The package says 2502n and 2502c for the other. Each has an independent heatsink and is not connected to the main sink. There are two NJM4558 opamps sitting next to the bridge switch and input sensitivity pot, but I haven't looked at what they are doing yet. I don't know much about the transformer and don't have any test equipment around to check voltages.

The bottom of the board is full of thick traces with lots of solder on wach trace, which I assume increases current capacity. There are no plated vias, just holes, and the top of the board has jumper wires to the other side.

Like I said, I am still learning, and it would be nice to see what other amps look like, as I would eventually like to build one. If this takes off, I will go pull the punch 400x4 out of the truck and snap a few shots of it.

Attachments

• pa250.jpg
    pa250.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 2,988
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.